Help picking receivers

Love the 9x? Use FRSky? Post your questions and answers here!
jevs

Help picking receivers

Post by jevs »

I think I am going to try Frsky. I have a Spektrum DX9 now.
I am thinking about ordering an X10S but I am not sure what receivers to get for:
Twisted Hobbies Crack Yak Lite
Twisted Hobbies Crack Yak Mini
Extreme Flight 48" MXS-EXP
Lynx Oxy 2 Helicopter.

There is no need to pay for options I dont need and there seems to be a lot of choices. Of course saving weight is always good. The cheaper the better too :)
The foamies are close range and just run small knock off 4 channel receivers now. The balsa extreme flight will go out a little further and will hurt more if it crashes. I am not sure if it needs something better than the foamies or not.
I have no clue on the Heli. I dont have this yet, but I am planning to build one soon.

Richard

Re: Help picking receivers

Post by Richard »

My suggestion, specially if you will use FrSky for first time (Would like to know which TX model), I would use one FrSky receiver. They have very tiny, light RX 4 channels, and very inexpensive also. My view about the clones, and specially on FrSky equipement, is that the price difference will hardly pay the risk, and, if something fails you will not know whom to blame, considering you seem not to have your own experience with the FrSky.
On the other hand, products with OpenTX technology, do not overcharge for features that "you don't need", like Spectrum does, and with the time you will appreciate how much you can do with that equipment. I had have the FrSky for over 5 years and still I am finding out useful things that I never appreciated before. Formerly I was using Futaba, which is as good and as expensive as Spectrum.
Richard
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

The RX4R is light and easy to upgrade to 16 channels by adding 3 of the FrSky SBUS & CPPM Decoder.
Supports telemetry.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Richard

Post by Richard »

I fully agree with Dean. Plus inexpensive, and given that he plans to use 4 channels, he will not need the decoder.
Richard

Return to “The FRSKY Forum”