Throttle starts as radio is very near

Love the 9x? Use FRSky? Post your questions and answers here!
davidja

Throttle starts as radio is very near

Post by davidja »

Even if the throttle cut is on if I get the radio very close to the receiver the throttle kicks in. Any advice appreciated as this is obviously very dangerous behaviour. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Throttle starts as radio is very near

Post by MikeB »

Sounds like the radio is swamping, the Rx loses the signal and goes into failsafe. Do you have low throttle set in the failsafe?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Also if you say nothing about the gear you're using it's not possible to give precise advice.
davidja

Post by davidja »

Apologies I'm using a Radiomaster TX16S and a Frsky S6R. Failsafe is set for zero throttle. Thanks.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

For zero throttle or 0% on the channel? 0% is mid throttle, stopped is -100%.

gplante2

Post by gplante2 »

I have the exact same problem. I'm using a RadioMaster TX16S and a FrSky RX8 receiver. This problem occurs randomly despite the fact that I set a thtotle cut to -100%.

I never got such probem with my old Tananis with the same plane.

The worst thing is that I'm using RX8 receiver in all my planes and this same problems occurs radomly with all my planes.

This is very weird and dangerous. Any help would be apprecoated.

Thank you.

Guylain
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Same as above, make sure to set your throttle failsafe to -100%.
gplante2

Post by gplante2 »

The throttle fail safe is already set to -100%.
In OpenTx, I set the failsafe mode to Custom then set throttle to -100% while I leave other channels to hold.

This is why this problem is so dangerous; the throttle starts by itself despite the fact that the throttle cut and the fail safe is set correctly.

Any other ideas?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Make sure the firmware of your radio's module is up to date, and you're using your receiver in D16 if it supports both D8 and D16. What receiver is it exactly? FrSky have no "RX8" but several things containing those letters...
gplante2

Post by gplante2 »

Sorry for the receiver model. This is a FrSky G-RX8. It incorporates the variometer.
Yes, I binded it in D16 mode.
My multi module version is 1.3.2.61
My OpenTx version is 2.3.11

Thanks for your help.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Multi firmware isn't latest, but unless there was a specific issue in that one and I haven't heard of one it should work.

Do take note that failsafe positions are transmitted once every 10ish seconds so you may have to wait a bit until the receiver gets them, if you power on and get close straight away the receiver might not know the failsafe positions yet, and also if you get close directly and have the connection loss it's likely the failsafe packets will be missed (although in those cases it should hold).
gplante2

Post by gplante2 »

This is a very strange behavior and very very difficult to reproduce. In fact, it is happening randomly.

Last time, my radio and plane were powered on for several minutes and I was almost ready to take-off. The throttle-cut was still enabled because I was speaking with a guy. Then, the motor started by itself at a very very minimal speed and it was not constant. It is like the motor received some irregular pulse. I just walked one or two steps away then it stopped by itself.

I spoke with a guy at the field and it sounds like an RF problem. It sounds that for an unknown reason, the receiver is sending pulse to the ESC to start the motor despite the fact that the throttle-cut is enabled.

I will try to connect my scope on the receiver throttle port and monitor the pulse while holding the radio near it. Maybe I could see something.

Return to “The FRSKY Forum”