Er9x NEW User's Manual

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Zenon

Re: Er9x NEW User's Manual

Post by Zenon »

Kilrah wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:11 pm
Zenon wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:44 pm I only considered 128.
What he said is that since the 128 has more flash it has moer features implemented, and thus even less available RAM.
Zenon wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:44 pm The second one slightly reduces delays, but taking into account the human reaction time to min. about 500ms, what's the difference between 525ms and 510ms delay? :-)
Quad flyers have been noticing improvements of 10ms.
The question is, will you notice the 10ms difference in servo response to the stick, because we can theoretically talk about such a difference. I am considering 128 because it has more flash and no RAM. As I wrote, atmega can work partially on the terminal window available from STM32Fxxx, for ACCESS settings, binding etc. Sticks deflection and telemetry can be digitally, online. So atmega ram memory will not matter. Such solutions are already available, for example, in network devices (Putty, TeraTerm, etc.), and in industrial automation. In the case of slow transmission and low resources on the display, you can limit its role to the "window", which is reflected in the settings on the main device - STM cpu. This is a preliminary idea for now, because we can think over and over again, but I don't get the PXX2 documentation. I have to connect the analyzer and see what is sent there, how much data is real, at what speed and whether Taranis is actively involved in the communication via the 868MHz link. It may or may not be so. Until now, this type of module received PPM and sent telemetry via serial. It has changed. The question is how and to what extent, because if the R9M module has the ACCESS firmware, even the F / S button does not work on it. What they did it for, I can only guess what I have already written about. There may be a field to use the STM buffer, or it may be enhanced with a CPLD or other chip.

Zenon

Post by Zenon »

bob195558 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:36 pm Maybe upgrading to the ATMEGA2561-16AU CPU Chip ?: https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopi ... 120#p74105
This is another idea, but you need to know PXX2 thoroughly. I have not checked if the pins match and are the same as with Atmega128.
Has anyone ever done this to good effect?
Another question, what will people say, how will they change the cpu instead of changing a few wires and adding a small 2x2cm pcb?
Besides, it is an 8 bit processor with 8K ram, and the simplest STM or Silicon Labs has 20k frames and 32 bits STM. I don't know what will be better and will be happy to discuss the topic. The first point is PXX2 because I don't know it. :-)
Zenon

Post by Zenon »

The pinout is correct, but if you can achieve 420k bitrate with it. It costs a few dollars on ali, so you could buy an evaluation board and check it out, but I know PXX2 like nothing. The issue remains 16MHz and the 8 bit core. Therefore, it is crucial to find out what exactly this PXX2 in the R9M does.
Zenon

Post by Zenon »

It's better ATXmega256, 256kb flash, 16kb ram, 32MHz clock, 16bit, 7 USART :-), but TQFP 64 has a slightly different pin arrangement. You would need a pcb adapter or you could switch several paths.
Attachments
ATXmega256.pdf
(24.17 MiB) Downloaded 387 times
Rad

Post by Rad »

Hey, do we have an updated manual?

Sometimes I feel bad for asking and taking your time, and I think some questions might be answered there.
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Unfortunately no, manuals take a long time to write and I haven't had time to do it.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Rad

Post by Rad »

MikeB wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:41 pm Unfortunately no, manuals take a long time to write and I haven't had time to do it.

Mike
Yes, I can imagine it is a cumbersome job. Can't blame anybody, lol
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “er9x”