A few noted things....

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
PeterV

A few noted things....

Post by PeterV »

1) The 3POS item in the Mixer list.
It is way down the rear end of the list, after the CHs(?)... but would seem more appropriate to come up much earlier, after P3 - I forget exactly what item, but before the more 'less used' items (Ch1, PPM etc). I assume its position in a some 'table' can be moved, without it altering users current model programming?

2) Some extra functions for Custom Switches. NOR at least, maybe NAND too. And/or a NOT? At least one of those is needed... if not two needed(?).
To set up a '3 pos POT' you need to be able to detect a 'higher than' (easy), 'lower than' (easy), and a 'between'.... the between is not easy to set up. It needs 3 Custom Switch functions to achieve (neither of the first two useful for that).
So NOR or NOT could do that in one switch based off those prior two CS'es.

I vaguely remember being suggested to replicate NOT by selecting a !SW2 (for eg).... but you cannot do that inside the Custom Switch area, where the third 'mid pot range' function needs to be created. (at least that I could get it to do. No !'s in the lists)

3) Sort of linked to point 1 here (above):
When I scroll right to the far end of the 'item' list (Rud, CH1, PPM etc etc), I think in the Mixer screen and the Custom Switch screen, it goes "off the end".... after the last valid item there is a " " (space/s) item... for s few positions, and then some 'number' turns up, out of the correct field placement. So something is falling off a cliff out there! LOL
Some bug.

jhsa

Re: A few noted things....

Post by jhsa »

PeterV wrote: 2) Some extra functions for Custom Switches. NOR at least, maybe NAND too. And/or a NOT? At least one of those is needed... if not two needed(?).
To set up a '3 pos POT' you need to be able to detect a 'higher than' (easy), 'lower than' (easy), and a 'between'.... the between is not easy to set up. It needs 3 Custom Switch functions to achieve (neither of the first two useful for that).
So NOR or NOT could do that in one switch based off those prior two CS'es.

Maybe a "equal to" is needed
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

1. I can't move the 3POS without upsetting users programming.

2. Is this instead of the extra AND operation? Please post an example of your custom switches, There are ways round this. I can't easily change the operation without changing the EEPROM format.

3. I can't eproduce this on my radio, which revision are you using?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Maybe it's time for a eeprom format change? ;)

I know, shut up João and drink your beer.. or coffee at this time of the day.. :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

2. Try:
S1 v>ofs P1 +30
S2 v<ofs P1 -30
S3 AND !SW1 !SW2

The ! operation is available in these settings.

João: I'm looking at possibilities as I want to do this "Stick Mode" change that will require an EEPROM change. I just want to do such a change once. On stock (M64) I have to balance added functionality with using more EEPROM for each model. This can be difficult to decide as certain changes might mean a particular model uses less (say) custom switches. However someone will then probably use all the extra functionality on all the switches and end up with a bigger model file!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Thanks for the replies... I need an email alert on this forum!

S3 AND !SW1 !SW2
DOH..... how simple was that!!?
Not much lateral thinking happened here it seems....

And, out of interest.....

I did:
S1 v>ofs P1 +30
S2 AND !SW1 !SW3
S3 v<ofs P1 -30

This also works. I was thinking the Custom Switch heirarchy, of calculations, could make the SW2 test invalid because SW3 had not been created "yet" (that cycle)??
But apparently not - I am not sure what process the SW system would use, but I would have thought some linear sequence one?
Hmmm.... I guess if the order has them amiss, it is only for one cycle (which is quick) and becomes all correct on the next cycle (mS later)??
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

I forget what FW version it was...
But in 803 that "end of the list gobbledy-goop" is gone.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Actually the custom switches are calculated "on demand". When something (e.g. a mix) refers to a switch, the switch is checked. In the above, if it is S2, then in working out S2, it sees it needs S1 and S3, so these are checked at that time. This means they are all checked at the time they are needed. There is a "nesting limit" so to protect against S1 refering to S2, and S2 refering to S1 calculating forever. When the nesting limit is reached a "last checked value" is used.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “er9x”