er9x and mode2

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
heman37

er9x and mode2

Post by heman37 »

hi all, i am planning on changing my firmware to the ER9X firmware and was wondering what to put for default channel order and default stick mode , I would like to use EEPE to save the original firmware and also the eeprom, but not sure on the order of the sticks and also i am planning on using the orange dsm2 module for my blade helis , that is why i need to install er9x , also what would i need to do to use my FrSky module as i would like to change the modules when i want to fly the planes on Frsky ? all of this is new to me so any help would be great. thanks and Merry Christmas to all

Scott Page

Re: er9x and mode2

Post by Scott Page »

You can use whatever order you want in er9x, and any of the 4 modes - It's entirely up to you. You will not be able to save the stock firmware - trust me - you really don't want it.
The model settings will need to be made again once you convert to er9x, then you can save this new EPROM and exchange it -reuse it - restore it. It's all remarkably flexible.
If you have a 9x transmitter with antenna in the module it's simple to swap to a DHTU or DJT frSKY module and receiver. Most of us have ditched the stock module and use FrSKY exclusively.
As for stitck order on bind and fly - perhaps someone can tell you, but I would simply figure it out by trying.

If you want an idea what the transmitter screens look like, Companion9x has a nice transmitter simulator - a great way to get familiar with the interface IMO.
heman37

Post by heman37 »

thanks, will i be able to save stock firmware with companion 9x or avr8? i would like to be able to save this before flashing incase i need to or want to . thanks
heman37

Post by heman37 »

Ihave the Frsky module and the Orange Dsm2/Dsmx module

the Orange Dsm2 module is the one giving me all the trouble it will not allow me operate the throttle on the left stick on 9x software, right now it seems to work sometimes and has a mind of its own and is on the right stick , on the Aileron channel instead of on the left where i usually fly, I have tried to no end to get an answer out of Hobbyking and no one knows . so hoping ER9x will be able to solve this problem, as i keep hearing that the default 9x firmware is set for the wrong stick configuration and cant be changed, the funny thing is that i can use it on my simulators and set the channels up no problem what so ever, thanks all
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Yes. With either er9x or open9x you can assign the channel order - all very easy to do :)
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

heman37

Post by heman37 »

ok i got the ER9X flashed in the radio and am using the orange dsm2 module and i have it set for mode 2 . the channel order i set for default in eepe is AETR . so what am i doing wrong as i can bind to the receiver the channels just dont seem to be right yet. the throttle is on the right stick and such. help !!! lol I would like to be able to use this for my bind and fly planes, and i definetly like the ER9X better than the original software , way more options once i get this figured out, the other thing i see when i turn the radio on is a throttle not idle reset throttle warning and i also get a switch warning , thanks for any help
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

You can backup the stock firmware and eeprom with eepe or companion9x before changing to one of the other firmwares. There are copies of it floating around as well.
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

Look in the mixer menu of your model setings(hold right button to get to model settings). You can set the channels there to whatever input you want. CH1 as THR, CH2 as AIL, CH3 as ELE and CH4 as RUD. Also, in the radio settings(press left button long) page 1 you can look all the way at the bottom and make sure it is set to mode 2.
kaos

Post by kaos »

heman37: like Crucial stated, you need to go into 'mixer' screen to actually put the ch mix in before anything will happen.
if you want AETR you can use a template to put basic ch mix in to start or just enter the mix your self like

ch1: 100% AIL
ch2: 100% ELE
ch3: 100% THR
ch4: 100% RUD

then your rx will respond.
heman37

Post by heman37 »

do i have the right preferences set for eepe , i have default channel order AETR and for the mode i have mode 2 as that is what i fly, what should i have in those spots , in order for the channels to be right, I went into the mixes for the channelss and i did try 1-aileron 2-elevator, 3-throttle 4-rudder . the module i am using is the Orange dsm2/dsmx module , the module and receivers all bind no problem just the channels are incorrect, thanks
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

If you are flying bnf helis then you have to set the channel order in the mixer to match their output which should be TAER. spektrum stuff uses TAER channel order. If something has a receiver with sockets you can move the servo connections to the AETR order if you like but as a general rule all the spektrum BnF stuff is going to be TAER.
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

Also, the default setting you are changing in eepe is only for creating new models in eepe. It will set the channels in that order by default. That doesn't mean you have to keep them in that order. This is the beauty of er9x. You can change the order of the channels in the mixer to whatever you want. The default setting doesn't force you to one order.
kaos

Post by kaos »

check your actual tx setup on the tx display to see it is in mode 2.
heman37

Post by heman37 »

all is good now, i have it bound to my sons mcx2 and also a foam board, the only thing now to do is figure out how to do the elevons for my other foamy , what a nice operating system and lots of options , i cant wait to put the flaps on my stinson and use the slow features for flaps, thanks again all. much appreciated

Return to “er9x”