er9x development

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
minno

Re: er9x development

Post by minno »

Hello Mike, sure i have 128 t9xR. Would be great to have 74 snd 75 files play for thr and sw warning. Thank you so much, waiting for good news. Milan

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Just tested a change on a '2561, seems to work OK. As these are warnings, I've left the original (0023) message being spoken so anyone who doesn't have 0074 and 0075 still get the "Alert". I then send either 0074 or 0075 as required.
I think you could remove 0023 if you have 0074 and 0075 if you don't want it sounding, as it is not (currently) spoken at any other time, as far as I can see.

I hope to post a test version with this in later today.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thank you

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
minno

Post by minno »

Yes i have them, 74 and 75 are included in sound pack, Mike thank you indeed :)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Posted!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

fxshoppe

Post by fxshoppe »

While executing
make CPU=128 EXT=FRSKY PHASES=YES

I am getting

cat: prov.txt: No such file or directory

menus.cpp: In function 'void menuBackupRestore(uint8_t)':
menus.cpp:5472:12: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type [-Woverflow]
p[11] = sizeof(g_model) ;
^
menus.cpp:5532:37: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type [-Woverflow]
serialVoiceTx( sizeof(g_model) ) ;
^
optiboot.cpp:324:0: warning: "RAMSTART" redefined
#define RAMSTART (0x100)
^
In file included from c:\nextsteprc_opentx\avr-gcc\avr\include\avr\io.h:152:0,
from optiboot.cpp:193:
c:\nextsteprc_opentx\avr-gcc\avr\include\avr\iom128.h:1187:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define RAMSTART 0x100
^

Creating load file for EEPROM: er9x.eep
avr-objcopy -j .eeprom --set-section-flags=.eeprom="alloc,load" \
--change-section-lma .eeprom=0 -O ihex er9x.elf er9x.eep
c:\NextStepRC_OpenTX\avr-gcc\bin\avr-objcopy.exe: --change-section-lma .eeprom=0x00000000 never used

is this okay or i need to change something while compiling

I am including the full batch file and output dump.

Could you kindly advise
Attachments
er9x dump.txt
(5.33 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

All looks OK. I compile using version 4.8.0 of the compiler because it produces smaller code than 4.9.2, and this matters for the M64 radios, with 4.9.2 the code doesn't fit.

The compiler warnings are only generated by 4.9.2, but I will change the source code so they don't happen.

The file "prov.txt" is simply a mechanism I use to mark the firmware as provisional, and which test version it is.
The file may be empty, for a release. Currently it contains "ph" and so causes the version name that appears in the "VERSION" display to appear as "er9x-phr822".

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
fxshoppe

Post by fxshoppe »

Thanks Mike,

Please do not make any changes just for me.

I downloaded the avr-gcc (GCC) 4.8.0 20130306 (experimental) version and compile didn't show any error except at avr-size stage which i replaced with from version 4.9 and no error.

I understand avr-size is only used to show firmware size and how much it will occupy on processor.

What is the compile option for 1306 lcd

make CPU=128 EXT=FRSKY PHASES=YES CUSTOM9x=YES

Please advise if this make string is correct for atmega128 proc with 1306 oled display also i understand in atmega128 option the serialvoice is compiled as part of the package.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You may need to change a couple of defines in "lcd.h" as well. The serial LCD support was added by "flybabo", here is his original post regarding using the '1306 display: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpos ... tcount=917.

The '128 version supports both serial and parallel voice, there is a setting in the Hardware menu to select serial voice.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
fxshoppe

Post by fxshoppe »

Thanks Mike,
Compile script works fine, need to validate oled
Waiting on parts from china.
Have upgraded the 9x from atmega 64 to atmega 128 next step serial voice.
Only challenge left is that frsky dashboard connects to bluetooth but no data using a rs232 to ttl converter and level sifter for interface between 3.3v bt module and frsky module.
Is there a way i feed the module from processor directly.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You could have upgraded to the m2561 instead. It has the double of the RAM as well.
I believe it also has a couple more pins that can be used for extra switches..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
minno

Post by minno »

Dear Developers,
Since I have ordered already new R9M in promo, I would like to kindly ask you to add if possible, to R9M module support in protocols, new 200mw option for new EU LBT firmware of R9M module.. r9m is able to work in 25/200 and 500mW... 25 with telemtery, 200 or 500 without telem..

2018-05-07 180428 Only firmware update for EU LBT mode

Add 16 channels with telemetry (25mW) and 16 channels without telemetry (200mW) modes. <<<<
Improve the performance and the RSSI algorithm.
Reduce RF power in range check mode.

Thank you very much. Mino
fxshoppe

Post by fxshoppe »

jhsa wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:50 am You could have upgraded to the m2561 instead. It has the double of the RAM as well.
I believe it also has a couple more pins that can be used for extra switches..

João
Honest answer :D

1 had Atmega 128 in hand instead of waiting for 40-50 days and possible package lost from China.
2 Wanted to be flexible using serial or parallel voice
3 Have option to use SSD1306 i2c oled which is there in opentx

Though my first choice is er9x but wanted to keep design open and 128 gave me that flexibility.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Ok, your choice.. :) The extra RAM of the m2561 is really welcome as it allows for features not possible on the m128.
Er9x supports way more extra hardware than opentx, which only supports a parallel voice module as far as I know.
Also, development for this board seems to have stopped. Er9x continues to be developed. Recently Mike released another update. Ahh, Er9x supports also the multi Protocol module..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
fxshoppe

Post by fxshoppe »

jhsa wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:40 pm Ok, your choice.. :) The extra RAM of the m2561 is really welcome as it allows for features not possible on the m128.
Er9x supports way more extra hardware than opentx, which only supports a parallel voice module as far as I know.
Also, development for this board seems to have stopped. Er9x continues to be developed. Recently Mike released another update. Ahh, Er9x supports also the multi Protocol module..

João
Hi Joao,

I appreciate your concern it will be very rare that i will shift to opentx but chances are i will get rid of radio once my test are over. With 9xrpro no more being made might shift to frsky tx. I am an old timer prefer a heavy weight tx.

I like er9x due to its flat directory structure, more options and out of box thinking.

i understand multi protocol is possible with 128.
I do not like to cut tx body for any extra switch these artistic skill was never my strong point.

I would like to recommend people planning to go to my path to use 2561.

Also since Telemetrez no more up for sale and its schematic design not available i had to make 2 wire re route for frsky else my preference would be that route.

Amit
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Understood. :)
Just a note, Ersky9x, which is a more advanced version of Er9x (more features) also runs on Frsky radios. The menus layout is basically the same, so you wouldn't have to get use to something else.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
minno

Post by minno »

Hello i have alreafy asked you for adding new 200mw power fir eulbt r9m but i thinking about it and i just cant understand why would radio set power for tx, since power of tx is set by ,,switches combination” on module r9m,why it is necesary to set it in radio? Tx milan
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Because you don't have to remember to change the switch settings for different models. The radio will do it for you automatically when you change models..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
minno

Post by minno »

Ah ok i see so i can have it set to 500 on module permanently an just change it via radio ? I though taht switches on module have higher priority than tx firmware. Hope mike will add 200mw option it will be then up to date firmware :)
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The switches on the back are ONLY active when feeding the module with PPM.
When feeding PXX their positions are ignored and the settings come from the radio.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I haven't got the information on the values required in the PXX frame for 200mW. The specification I have only shows 2 values, 25mW and 500mW. Looking at the openTx code it seems there are now four values:
0 - 25mW with 8 channels and telemetry
1 - 25mW with 16 channels and telemetry
2 - 200mW no telemetry
3 - 500mW no telemetry

I'm changing er9x and ersky9x to use these values. I've done a quick test (Tx only) using ersky9x on a SKY board (with Tx current consumption measured) and it looks like it is correct. I'll run some test with receiver to confirm.

Edit: Just checked with the F/S button and the LEDs flashed as specified in the manual so it looks correct.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a new test version of er9x with the R9M power selection changed for those 4 values.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
minno

Post by minno »

Hi Mike, thank you very much indeed, you are the best :)
minno

Post by minno »

Dears,
I am now testing long range Frsky R9M module telemetry wit R9MM receiver.It works really well, but I have a questions just to be sure if it is working ok:

1) RSSI max value which is showed is 100. Is it percentage ? or dBi ? is it ok that the max is exact 100 ? when I used openTX wit DJT module I remember it goes higher than 100, I remember 105, 108 and so on.. just a wondering if this is percentage range.

2) I have receiver connected to betaflight (F3 board) and after rx is connected TX started to receive also Fuel, temperature and RPM.
Question is, I am just using FasVoltage and RSSI. I do not use Fuel sensor and Fuel bar is still filling from min to max.
RPM is on some value 30001 or something like that. I mean default telemetry screen. I can post image how it looks.

But, whet I used my own custom telemtry screen, it works really nice, but I am not sure from where other values are originated.
Is it possible to turn it of ? somehow ? not to ,,load" my radio, like fuel, it still goes up down... I just use RSSI and Voltage..

or is the whole thing related to Betaflight, since I turn telemetry fucntion on , on it and send it to smart port of receiver.. ??

Maybe all is OK and my concern is unfounded :)

Thank you for your clarification.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Just use your custom screens and forget about the other data. The flight controller might just be sending random values for the fields that don't have sensors, I think.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

minno wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:43 am 1) RSSI max value which is showed is 100. Is it percentage ? or dBi ? is it ok that the max is exact 100 ? when I used openTX wit DJT module I remember it goes higher than 100, I remember 105, 108 and so on.. just a wondering if this is percentage range.
It is not a percentage, it is dB (aka logarithmic, but not referenced to anything). It can go above 100.
minno wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:43 am or is the whole thing related to Betaflight, since I turn telemetry fucntion on , on it and send it to smart port of receiver.. ??
That. Betaflight sends some stuff in the various sensors, just ignore what you don't need.
minno

Post by minno »

ok, thanks for clarification, but regarding the RSSI, max is 100 in my case, therefore I asked what does this value mean.. but ok thanks a lot :)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'll check to see if I see over 100 with a R9M.

Mike

Edit: No, I never see a value over 100.
erskyTx/er9x developer
minno

Post by minno »

Ok so i consider the max as 100, thanks for clarification.
I have a next q, last thing to clarify, i am receiving rxv from rx like 94 volts, but in telemetry menu there is missing rxvoltage divider, so i assume it was replace by scaler to save some space right ? Thanks
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, due to lack of flash space in the '64, you need to use a scaler.
However, if the RxV value is being received using FrSky SPort protocol, it is also put into A1, which does have a settable divider.
I'll do a change, to match ersky9x, so that RxV is only put into A1 if a real A1 value is not being received.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “er9x”