Turnigy 9X Telemetry Alarm

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
propnut

Turnigy 9X Telemetry Alarm

Post by propnut »

Hi guys

I have done the telemetry mod to an old M64 T9X and I am getting RSSI and Volts from my MP module. I can also see all the various protocols from the module which is great. However I would like to setup some audible alarms from when RSSI gets low. Under the telemtry section there are options for TXRSSI and RXRSSI alarms. It gives three options of Yel, Org and Red (I have no idea what these are) However irrespective of which I choose and set a value. I get no beeping from the TX when the values drop below this. Also when I turn the radio off and back on again these settings have reverted to zero ?

Where am I going wrong.

Thanks

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Turnigy 9X Telemetry Alarm

Post by MikeB »

These are (possibly considered "left over") for the FrSky DJT module. The settings are actually stored in the DJT module, and cause the module to emit beeps. I've left them in to allow DJT alarms to be disabled.
I suggest using a "Voice Alert" to create audible alarms. If you don't have a voice module installed, just set the file type to "Audio", and choose an audio output.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
propnut

Post by propnut »

Hi Mike

Thanks for reply and yes that works. However it only beeps once when the value drops below a given threshold. Is there a way I can get it to continually alert for as long as RSSI is below a given value. In OpenTX I would use a logical switch and define a repeat count in there but the logical switches in ER9X don't seem to give the same option. I have perused the manual but cannot see a way of achieving this. Apologies if I am simply being a bit dim :-(
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You just need a "Voice Alert", it does all you need (no logical switch needed).
Set the source to RSSI
Function to v<val
Value to 45
Switch to ---
Rate to (say) 2
FileType to Audio
Voice File to one of the options.

As soon as the RSSI value drops below 45, the chosen Audio sound will play. With a Rate of 2, it will repeat every 2 seconds as long as the RSSI is below 45.

Use a second Voice Alert if you want a second sound if the RSSI is below (say) 42.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
propnut

Post by propnut »

Thanks Mike, I now see that in the manual :-( Thats the problem when trying to read a manual on a phone...you miss a lot.

1,2 ,3 ,4... – This repeats a file or event every “n” seconds, from 1 to 30 seconds.

Once again many thanks both for the assistance and most importantly for keeping ER9X alive.

My next procedure is to tackle the Arduvoice board.

Cheers

Return to “er9x”