ER9X Multi Module Support ?

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
propnut

ER9X Multi Module Support ?

Post by propnut »

Hi guys

I started with the T9X many years ago but then moved on to the Taranis and haven't touched one for a good 5 years or so. I have recently been given two that I have decided to reflash and and give to some RC newbies but it seems that only ER9X supports the multi module, OpenTX having stopped development in 2.1.9. I would really like to use the multi-module but looking at EEPE it seems that only a handful of the available protocols are supported. Are there any plans to add the rest? I would really like to make use of all the Flysky ibus and sbus receivers and the full range of FrSky.

Thanks

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: ER9X Multi Module Support ?

Post by MikeB »

All the protocols are supported, if they do not appear by name, you need to use the number instead, both for the protocol and the sub-type.
You might like to try the latest test version from here: https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4598.

Your 9Xs probably have the original M64 processor. This does have limited flash space and all the text for the different protocol names uses up a lot of space.

I'll try to post an updated eepe.exe file, with more names showing, on that test versions thread later today.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
propnut

Post by propnut »

Thanks Mike, appreciate the swift reply. Actually I have one very old Flysky 9x and one of the very latest TGY-9x's that supports 2AFHDS. I am assuming the latest one has an M128 chip. I seem to remember that if the solder pad is on pin 8 then it is an old chip but if on pin 6 it is a 128 ?? I have been trying to find the old wiki mods but they seem to have all gone. Should have printed them out year ago for posterity.

John
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Chip type doesn't depend on board, but on... what's written on the chip.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The original er9x googlecode repository was exported to Github, all the docs from googlecode are here: https://github.com/MikeBland/er9x/tree/master/doc.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

propnut

Post by propnut »

Thanks again guys. I have successfully flashed the newer radio as an M128 and that works perfectly with the multi-module and indeed is showing the protocols that weren't showing in the version of EEPE I was looking at previously. Now onto the next one :-)
propnut

Post by propnut »

By the way the chip is not an ATMEL it is a Green ED040501-H16D and I see this was discussed on this thread back in 2017

https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9387
propnut

Post by propnut »

Just in way of some more feedback. I have now upgraded both radios, one 64 the other 128. I have tested DSM, DSM2, FrSky, FlySky v1 and V2 and Devo
On the M64 build the Devo protocol does not work. I have tried all the options in there and no joy. Same Multi-module in the 128 radio works fine.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

On the '128, the option value shows as "AutoId" and "FixId". On the '64, these are 0 and 1. Have you tried both of these?
I can't think of any other reason the '64 doesn't work, if other protocols are working.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
propnut

Post by propnut »

Sorry Mike, you are right, it does work. I had the option set wrong. I was trying Type. Is there a link to what all the types and options mean ?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

A lot of information here: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Mul ... -TX-Module.

I can't see the option values shown anywhere though!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
propnut

Post by propnut »

Perhaps they pertain to the sub-protocols. I will play and feedback anything I discover.

Do you have any plans to support the telemetry capabilities of the module or does that require a hardware mod on the 9x as was the case with the FrSky module ?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, the option value setting does depend on the protocol/sub-protocol selected.

Some of the telemetry is supported. You do need a hardware mod to connect the telemetry signal (bottom pin of the 5-pin connector) to the processor. An inverter is optional as the multi-module supports normal and inverted serial on the telemetry data.

With more radios to support, I have to admit I don't update er9x for the 9X as much these days, partly because the M64 is simply "full", so not much chance of adding anything.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:12 pm

With more radios to support, I have to admit I don't update er9x for the 9X as much these days, partly because the M64 is simply "full", so not much chance of adding anything.

Mike
The 9x with upgrade chips like the m2561 has plenty of memory, RAM and Flash :) ;)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

propnut wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:55 am Sorry Mike, you are right, it does work. I had the option set wrong. I was trying Type. Is there a link to what all the types and options mean ?
All the information on the option value is here: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Mul ... Details.md, you just have to search for "option" in the page to find what it means, if anything, for the different protocols.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “er9x”