usb Driver USBasp not installing

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Philipp2

usb Driver USBasp not installing

Post by Philipp2 »

I just received my #2 Turnigy 9x that was ordered especially to install the er9x firmware on. I have a smartiparts board V 2.1 that has been installed and was going thru the process of flashing the new firmware. I plan to save a copy of the old firmware just in case.

Plugging the usb connector in, the transmitter lights up and looks OK. However, when trying to access anything thru the USB I get the message that:

[ eePe AVRDUDE did not finish correctly
avrdude.exe:error:could not find USB device "USBasp" with vid0x16c0 pid=0x5dc ]

In checking the device mamager, Under Other devices, it shows USBasp, but when clicking on it, it states that "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

I have attempted several times to install the drivers choosing the downloaded [installer_x64.exe]. With nothing worthwhile happening.

I would really like to get this up and going as I plan to make this my #1 transmitter.

FYI, I am running Windows 7 64 Professional with Service Pack 1

Kilrah

Re: usb Driver USBasp not installing

Post by Kilrah »

Philipp2

Post by Philipp2 »

Yes, that is what I used.
After trying to install the driver under that link - Nothing - like nothing was connected.

The USB does power up the radio though.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Do you hear the "usb connected/disconnected" sound from Windows when you plug/unplug the usbasp?
Guess yes if you see it in the device manager, but just to make sure.

Did you try going in device manager, right clicking on the usbasp, choosing update driver, then choosing the folder where you extracted the above .zip?
Philipp2

Post by Philipp2 »

Found the problem. It wqas just that the USB driver had not installed correctly. I carefully went back thru all of the steps posted on the Smartiparts website and it worked this time. Thanks to all who responded.

SeattleTom

Post by SeattleTom »

usb driver not apparently not installing
Using the Smartieparts v2.2 board under Win7 I've tried several attempts to load the driver, it isn't installing.
I've attempted the drivers from the Smartieparts installation guide and the one referenced in Kilrah's 12:29 am message from Friday.
I get the 'USB Device not recognized' message and 'could not find USB Device' messages
When I plug the USB cable into my Turnigy 9x I get the normal USB connection beeps but, it doesn't connect. I've tried this with power off on the Tx, power On on the TX and also turning the Tx power on after connecting the USB cable. Same results, driver is not recognized.
FWIW: Tx works on the aircraft I tested it on after the 2.2 board installation was complete, worked just fine.

I'd love some ideas on this
Also, have tried it with eePe, Companion9x & avrDude software.
And, of course, the Device Manager shows it as an 'Unknown Device'

I'm listening... TIA
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Kilrah wrote:Did you try going in device manager, right clicking on the usbasp, choosing update driver, then choosing the folder where you extracted the above .zip?
AFAIK the driver is unsigned, so some versions of Windows won't accept it unless you install it manually that way.
Crashj007

Post by Crashj007 »

Windows7 is difficult to use for this kind of application. The Smartieparts site and the wiki have instructions on how to overcome the problem. I have an older laptop I use for just that reason. You'll have the similar issue with flight simulator software.
--
FS-TH9X 2.4GHz 9CH from Nitroplanes
Smartieparts board & backlight
Stock Flysky RF and mainboard
er9x FW V 744
Ropieone

Post by Ropieone »

Hope this is in the right forum. If not, please accept my apologies, but, I ran into a similar situation, yet a bit different. Installed smartieparts programmer board and associated software/drivers. When I plug in the cable nothing happens in the TX (stays blank - have to turn it on via power switch). I was playing around with the Eepe and hit the flash button. Flashed in ER9X. I have been programming my TX and saving files successfully for 4 days now. I know the TX is suppose to power up when connected to my computer but it does not. Everything else seems to work great. Hope I'm not doing something that is going to cause a major malfunction down the road. Any thoughts???
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

That looks similar to what I noticed lately.

Normally when I plugged in my usb programmer, the TX powered on and display showed the splash screen. After flashing, TX was reset and restarted automatically.

This behaviour changed, and I believe since I installed my voice module.
Now when I plug in my USB programmer nothing seems to happen. The screen stays dark.
But I can flash the TX without any problem.
After flashing, TX stays dark and does nothing.
I switch it on and it powers up with the newly flashed fw.

But if I power on the TX before connecting the programmer, the TX will reboot after flashing as before adding the voice module.

Reinhard
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

I believe the newest version of the smartieparts board requires the tx to be powered by it's own power source. This wasn't true of the older models.
-Gohst
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

Reinhard I believe I have the same results after installing the audio board.

Gohst, you are correct, the SP board doesn't power the Tx any more while flashing.

Return to “er9x”