Controlling the TX via USB/BT by Smartphone

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
wilopaan

Controlling the TX via USB/BT by Smartphone

Post by wilopaan »

Hi all,

because I'm new to er9x, I have some (dumb) questions. My goal is to control some functions of the TX via an app on Android over BT or USB. This may be of interest for someone who wants to control ships/trucks etc. I absolutely don't want to use an analog CPPM-tariner interface.

I was directed to eepskye, which can control the TX.

1) Is there a protocol specification for the protocol eepskye is using?

2) Is this possible with every HW ersky runs on? E.g. Jumper T12?

3) Are the any known other projects addressing this use case?

4) Are there ways to directly interface a BT/serial-module (like HC-05) the the TX? (Otherwise, I would use an own BT/USB converter) .

Thanks for an hints!
Wilhelm

jhsa

Re: Controlling the TX via USB/BT by Smartphone

Post by jhsa »

You posted on an er9x forum. What radio do you have. The reason I ask is that not all radios support the internal bluetooth dongle.
Only radios that run Ersky9x. Er9x which is for Atmega based radios, does not support bluetooth.

There is no Eepskye android app.. yet.
I would also love it as it would make possible interface with my radios at the field without having to take my laptop with me. I would love to just connect my radio to my phone or tablet running eepskye, and program my model using my phone's touch screen or even a mouse, like I already do on my computer.
But someone would have to adapt Eepskye to run on android. I certainly can't do it :(

João

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
wilopaan

Post by wilopaan »

I want to use it on a Jumper T12. So, yes, I'd better asked in the ersky9x forum, surely. I do not fully understand the relationship between er9x and ersky9x. My guess was, that the ersky9x fork resembes all the features of the er9x?

The Jumper T12 doesn't have a butiltin BT interface. For me it would be suffcient to use the USB-connector, because I don't want to modify the HW by myself.

The plan is to use RoboRemo for controlling some switches/props on the radio. I'm planning to make a simple protocol-converter from BT/RoboRemo to USB/ersky9x-protocol (if I can find informations on it).

Thanks,
Wilhelm
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Er9x is a lighter version of Ersky9x. er9x runs on less capable processors.
About the rest, i think Mike can give much better answers than me :) He writes the firmware ;) :D

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
wilopaan

Post by wilopaan »

Ok, thank you.

I hope that Mike reads this post and has time to answer ;-)

--
Wilhelm

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

See the other thread. The USB connector only provides flashing options (in bootloader mode) or allows the Tx to simulate a joystick to a computer.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “er9x”