OpenTX 2.1 released!

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Kilrah

Re: OpenTX 2.1 released!

Post by Kilrah »

If you have a 9x/9XR with addon voice board probably. Not if you have another radio.

crash22

Post by crash22 »

crash22 wrote:Would that explain why i don't get any decimal readouts anymore with 2.1.1?
Nevermind, i figured out my stupidity- sorry
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

I had set a custom function to play the radio battery voltage and it only said "7Volts" with the originally numbered files. After I renamed the files 0416.wav-0425.wav into 0421.wav-0430.wav I got "7.4Volts".

Reinhard
crash22

Post by crash22 »

That's what mine was doing, but in my haste, i didn't realize i dumped the new sound files in the wrong folder- rookie mistake. Once i saw that, and got everything where it's supposed to be, it's working fine now. Serious facepalm- keep up the good work guys, just getting better and better!
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

How far am I with my voices of r2.1.1 on a 9x radio ?

I did a git clone on 2015-08-22.
From there I exported with tag 2.1.1
That's the code base I'm using

From open-tx.org, I use the Sound packs for:

openTx 2.1 - opentx-9x128 - en - english-english-stock.zip / english-english-stock.csv

In the voice pack, the units for hours, minutes, seconds are numbered 0399 - 0404
The decimal point files are numbered 0416 - 0425

files 480 and up are:

Code: Select all

-------------------------------
inactivity alarm                    0480
transmitter battery low             0481
throttle warning                    0482
switch warning                      0483
Welcome to open nine x              0495
Problems:
=========
1) Timer units are incorrectly spoken with hours, minutes instead of minutes, seconds.
2) The decimal numbers are either incorrect or missing at all.
3) Voice files 0480 and up are played either with incorrect correlation or not at all.

My solutions so far for the first two points
--------------------------------------------------
are some modifications of the \radio\src\translations\tts_en.cpp module.

a) In routine "I18N_PLAY_FUNCTION()" I add "+1" to the 'UNIT_.. parameter of the PLAY_NUMBER(,,) calls
This way, it selects the two number higher voice file and units for minutes/seconds are correctly spoken as minutes and seconds.

b) in "enum EnglishPrompts{ }" I change the value of EN_PROMPT_POINT_BASE from 165 to 160
This way, it selects the decimal point voice files starting at file number 160+256=0416.wav instead of 165+256=0421.wav

c) and for the files 0480 and above,
------------------------------------
I renamed the files, so (as far as I can easily verify) they play the expected content according to the event.

inactivity alarm                from 0480.wav to	0486.wav
transmitter battery low         from 0481.wav to	0485.wav
throttle warning                from 0482.wav to	0481.wav
switch warning                  from 0483.wav to	0482.wav
Welcome to open nine x    0495.wav  is not played at all in the range of 0480-0511
I was not able to get the welcome message played at all in the number range of 0480 to 0511. It's not a problem with the file as the file is played instead of the throttle warning when I rename it to 0481.wav and power on with throttle stick not idle.

So the questions that I could not find the answer are:
Do I have an invalid repository or have the files for the 9x radio not been updated according to the changes ?

Where can the correct relation from number to content of the voice files be found in the code ?

Should the welcome message be played at power on and what is the correct filenumber for it ?

Reinhard

p.s
I know, that 9x radio is not the most important hardware for openTx :( :D

ReSt

Post by ReSt »

I just discovered the mod that changed my timer voice selections.
It's a mod from 2015-07-05 12:27:54 Play duration was broken Sha1-ID 79e36b8711....

@@ -146,19 +146,19 @@ I18N_PLAY_FUNCTION(en, playDuration, int seconds PLAY_DURATION_ATT)
   uint8_t tmp = seconds / 3600;
   seconds %= 3600;
   if (tmp > 0 || IS_PLAY_TIME()) {
-    PLAY_NUMBER(tmp, UNIT_HOURS+1 , 0);
+    PLAY_NUMBER(tmp, UNIT_HOURS, 0);
   }

tmp = seconds / 60;
   seconds %= 60;
   if (tmp > 0) {
-    PLAY_NUMBER(tmp, UNIT_MINUTES+1 , 0);
+    PLAY_NUMBER(tmp, UNIT_MINUTES, 0);
     if (seconds > 0)
       PUSH_NUMBER_PROMPT(EN_PROMPT_AND);
   }

if (seconds > 0) {
-    PLAY_NUMBER(seconds, UNIT_SECONDS+1 , 0);
+    PLAY_NUMBER(seconds, UNIT_SECONDS, 0);
   }
 }

There was the +1 increment of the time units removed (exactly what I reverted to resolve my problem).

As this probably solved a problem on the radio where it was tested, there obviously is a difference with the 9x radio

Reinhard
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

ReSt wrote: Should the welcome message be played at power on and what is the correct filenumber for it ?
Yes, it should be played. :mrgreen:

I recognized, that on my radio, the welcome message was played every time ,the eeprom had to be formatted. It was played after formatting the eeprom. So I assumed, that possibly a timing, a wait, was to short to get my 328 voice module ready.

In targets\stock\voice.cpp I found the voicd::voice_process() routine with a section
"if (VoiceState == V_STARTUP).
The comment for the following line
if (g_blinkTmr10ms > 60) { // Give module 1.4 secs time to initialise

let me increase the compare value from 60 to 160. Just to see if it had any effect.

And it had an effect. The welcome message was played at power on. Every time.
By try on error I found, that it was not played with a value of 126, with a value of 127 the message was played about every second power on and with 128 it was more or less played every time.

For safety reason, I have set it to 130

And the file number is 480

Reinhard
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

At the very first: I'm not critisizing !!!

My setup: openTx 2.1.1 on Tgy9x with a m128 processor

I find, that the source setup for the timers (in model setup menu) is not easy to use and is not transparent to the user.

The correlation between Timer-Mode/Function, T-Source, and the source of the timer that is displayed on the system screens is irritating and not really easy to understand.

The T-source line, for me, is more or less a timer setting, but is placed between the throttle settings. (Position and naming are misleading; and it can be set, even when it has no effect).

The displayed source in front of the timers on the sytem screens always is Throttle, even though it can be nearly any other analog source

As far as I understand the capabilities of the timers and the T-Source parameter, the T-Source parameter does work only, when the Timer(1/2) parameter selects one of the "THs, TH%, THt" sources.
When a different source for the timers is selected, the T-Source parameter does not have any effect.

"..s" run the timer with normal speed as long as the source is greater than minimum
"..%" run the timer with a speed factor that is proportional to the value of the source
"..t" start and run the timer with a single trigger event (source > minimum)

When one of the above sources is selected, the T-Source parameter defines, which analog source replaces the action of the ..s, ..% or ..t source. (To me that means, that T-Source is clearly a Timer function and not a Throttle function.)

The analog source selected with the T-Source parameter gets the capabilities ..s, ..% or ..t of the timer parameters.

Nearly any analog source can be selected with T-Source as source for the timers, when one of the ..s, ..%, ..t is selected with the timer.

Therefore i believe,

the T-Source parameter line should not be placed far away from the timers between the other T-parameters T-Reverse (Throttle-reverse) and T-Trim (Throttle-Trim), because that associates it with Throttle, while it is indeed much more correlated with Timer.

The T-Source parameterline should only be displayed or be active, when it is really usable. It should only be active, when at least one of the timers selects one of the ..s, ..%, ..t parameters.

On the system screens, (when one of the ..s, ..%, ..t parameters is selected,) the triggering source that is displayed in front of the Timer, should show the real source that is defined with the T-Source parameter and the timer selection, e.g. CH7%, CH16s, P3t.

Therefore I modified my model select menue corresponding to the setup of the timers.

1. moved the "T-Source" entry up directly behind the Timers.

2. renamed the "THs, TH%, THt" entries in the selection string of the timers to "*s, *%, *t" as the source is not TH but is defined with the T-Source parameter

3. make the "T-Source" entry active or inactive depending on the selected source of the timers.

4. have different names for T-Source when it is active ("Timer *-Source") and inactive ("[T-Source]").

5. When T-Source is inactive "[T-Source]" can be selected, but responds only to the keys "up", "down" and "Exit"

6. On the system screens when a "*s, *%, *t" source is selected, the source is displayed according to the T-Source in conjunction with the timer selection as e.g. "CH13%", "Thrs" or "P3t"

It would also be useful:
to have a T-Source entry for every timer, as in the moment when using the "*s","*%","*t" timer selections, both (all) timers depend on the same single analog source that is defined in the "T-Source" parameter

if not only "Thr" stick, but also the other sticks were available in the T-source selection parameters.

Reinhard
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Throttle source IS a throttle-related parameter, it indeed controls those throttle-related special timer modess, the throttle trace and time in the statistics, and also what the throttle warning applies to.
Those timer modes were never meant for things other than throttle (not much sense IMO).
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Those timer modes were never meant for things other than throttle (not much sense IMO).
But now they can do more and why not use it ??

Yes, you are right, the T-Trace parameter also controls the trace and the two lower timers THR and TH% on the statistics screen.
And they are throttle traces, but only as long as T-Trace is set to THR.
But THR is only one out of 20 possibilities, T-Trace can be set to. So it must not necessarily be called Throttle- Trace. (my 2 Cents)
The T-Source parameterline should only be displayed or be active, when it is really usable. It should only be active, when at least one of the timers selects one of the ..s, ..%, ..t parameters.
Knowing a little bit more now, it does not make sense to disable the selection line when none of the timers uses a THs,TH% or THt parameter as it can be used to select the source for the statistics screen timers and trace.

But to make it easier to see the source of a timer, I now additionally modified the statistics screen to name the really used source for the two timers in question.

Reinhard
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

ReSt wrote: But THR is only one out of 20 possibilities, T-Trace can be set to. So it must not necessarily be called Throttle- Trace. (my 2 Cents)
Again that's 100% throttle-related, it's meant for people who use another control to control throttle, everything that's in this list was chosen because it makes sense for that particular use!
E.g glider pilots who might use a pot, or (more common) choosing the actual throttle channel there instead of the stick to get the actual "servo" throws and reverse to be included in the calculation of TH%.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

A little heads-up, 2.1.2 is out:
http://www.open-tx.org/2015/09/07/opentx-2.1.2/

And we've now got a facebook page too:
https://www.facebook.com/opentx
lvale

Post by lvale »

Kilrah, Bertrand

Would it be possible for any of you to define what a standard SD-Card structure should be for 2.1.x ? i.e, directory structure and contents of directories preferably with a an example model ? We already have the sound files, but would be great to have a pre-defined structure .

just my 2c
acsrandd

Post by acsrandd »

Will OTX v2.1 support the addition of a 6-position rotary mode switch on the Taranis X9D+?

If not, how do I add to the list of desired / requested updates to the FW?
ACSRANDD
LutzB

Post by LutzB »

You can select your type of switch in the tx settings on page 8. After this you have to calibrate your new switch. OpenTX will then recognize the number of positions.
Peter

Post by Peter »

What a release! The telemetry overhaul, the channel preview and the input category selection are great!
I mostly program my models on the radio and this is a big step forward for me.

Some small problems and one bigger:
1. The variometer source can only be selected when there is live telemetry data.
2. Sometimes the variometer source selection field is not visible, not even de dashes. I had to use companion to select the VSpd and after writing to my Taranis Plus, it was visible again.
3. I changed some telemetry lua scripts to use the new data names, but my Taranis Plus freezes the display when no data is available, for example when you do reset flight. Exit button and off switch do not respond, I have to pull the battery.
Malc

Post by Malc »

In Open TX 2.1.3
When Synchronizing the SD card .
Edit Settings
.Under Radio Profile
,Other Settings.
SD Structure path what should it show?
Backup Folder what should it show?

Under Application Settings
Automatic Backup Folder what should it show?

My Taranis is the standard radio.
pt48653

Re: OpenTX 2.1 released! Problem connecting?

Post by pt48653 »

Installed on my windows 7 and windows 10 the new 2.16 Works fine on windows 7 opentx will flash firmware with tx off with the windows 10 machine after I installd zadig it says stm... usb driver with tx off, but as soon as I unplug to start in usb mode It connects using taranis bootloader and will not connect to opentx. Have uninstalled everything and reloaded with the same results.

OpenTX 2.1.6 and as I said it loaded the 2.1.6 firmware-no problem on the windows 10 machine.

So right now if I plugging in the tx while it is off, the computer loads the stm32-bootloader. I unplug, start the tx up with trims and power switch-it loads taranis bootloader. Around and around. I will try uninstalling everything one more time.

This my laptop with windows 10-I have everything (and them some) installed! Shouldn't matter?

My shop computer is the windows 7 and has nothing but multi-rotor software+bare essentials installed and it connected right off the bat*****2.1.6 is the first and only install on this computer.

Both 64 bit if that matters.

Thanks for any help. Love my Plus!

Don
DP Designs, llc

My current build: custom Octo 49" motor to motor. Pixhawk, taranis plus--first pixhawk and taranis.
Pictures on diy drones-heavy lift octo
mrozilla

Post by mrozilla »

I have a problem with the Companion 2.1 (different versions, including the latest). When everything I set and I want to upload the firmware to 9XR Pro I get an Unknown Error and information that you can not find the file 'sam-ba.exe "
When I use eepe (eepskye) is no problem, you can rip the firmware to your computer and upload them without problem to 9XR Pro.
Why is it that I can not use Companion to communicate with the apparatus, why the file is missing sam-ba?
Uploading OpenTX from the apparatus bootloader uploads without a problem, just do not want to upload the Companion.
Last edited by mrozilla on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
pt48653

Post by pt48653 »

Side note to the previous. Love the software. So much that can be done. Thanks to all that work on this and I have donated to both Opentx and ArduPilot.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It would seem Companion doesn't have an option to use the bootloader on the 'PRO rather than SAM-BA.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

It does, but if the virtual drive is not detected it falls back to calling SAM-BA.

So make sure you put the radio in bootloader mode before conencting to the computer.
mrozilla

Post by mrozilla »

Of course, Turnigy Pro 9XR turn in bootloader mode, plug in the computer, it shows up Connecting and unfortunately appears in the Companion error sam-ba.exe.
In doing exactly the same thing but eepe including software uploads without any problem. In eepe option sam-ba is off, the Companion is not possible to enable / disable it.
driedeker

Post by driedeker »

can someone tell me a bit about the sd sync option in companion 2.1.x which is the master pc or tx.
mrozilla

Post by mrozilla »

It's like, let's do something about this sam-ba to have successfully updated 9XR Pro PC?
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

driedeker wrote:can someone tell me a bit about the sd sync option in companion 2.1.x which is the master pc or tx.
I think it is not a master slave relation, but that latest from each is used or missing from one is added to other.

BUT, I would like confirmation from someone who is more knowledgeable on SD sync.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

AFAIK it's a 2-way sync indeed. The first sync will copy anything that's on one side to the other if missing, then whatever change is done on one side will be carried to the other.
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Hi, whenever i create a new model, no wizard shows up telling me to choose wether i want a plane heli or quad, is that ok?
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

If you haven't loaded the wizard onto your card, yep.
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Edit: Got it.

Always learning. And where do I get that?

Enviado do meu Galaxy S6 edge através de Tapatalk.
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.

Return to “openTx”