Helicopter Setup - Long. Cyc. Direction setting not there in latest version of open TX

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Lettuce

Helicopter Setup - Long. Cyc. Direction setting not there in latest version of open TX

Post by Lettuce »

Hi Folks,

I have just made the switch from the Turnigy 9xr to a Taranis X9d+ running the latest open TX. I am setting up a CCPM 120 degree Trex 600 - with Flybar
The heli was flying great, its my old Trex600 ( with Flybar ) that was setup on the 9xr.

After a few initial teething problems, I have the channels re-arranged and the collective moves correct, the rudder is good, aileron movement is fine, but the Elevator movement is reversed - the collective moves absolutely perfectly though and swash is perfectly level as was setup previously

I have tried reversing the pitch servo - this does not work and the collective travels in the wrong direction, Research tells me its an easy fix and I just need to invert the Long. cyc. Direction setting, but its not there on this version of openTX - I have a weight setting, but

Another suggestion was to reverse the weight of that servo - on cyc2 that had the same effect as reversing the servo and the collective traveled in the wrong direction too.

My other option is to confirm which version of the firmware still has this setting and I will just roll back to it if possible.

thank you

Kilrah

Re: Helicopter Setup - Long. Cyc. Direction setting not there in latest version of open TX

Post by Kilrah »

Lettuce wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:37 pm I have a weight setting, but
Just set it to negative numbers?
Lettuce

Re: Helicopter Setup - Long. Cyc. Direction setting not there in latest version of open TX

Post by Lettuce »

I did set it to -100, but it had the same effect as reversing the servo, the servo then moved down when you raise the collective.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You did change the Long Cyc. weight on the heli page rather than the weight on the mixers page, right?

Trying in the simulator and it seems to work just fine. That hasn't changed in many years
Lettuce

Post by Lettuce »

Thanks, forgot to post, yeah, found I needed it on the heli page and it did work, putting negative weight on the collective. Thats all sorted now.

Have setup all my pitch curves last night and onto cosmetic things like playing tracks on flight mode change, gyro rate change etc.

Latest issue is I can't get my voice recordings to play properly, have recorded wav files using audacity, 32khz ,16 bit signed pcm format, but on the simulator and radio it plays low and slowed right down.. almost sounds like predator lol

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You probably saved the file as stereo instead of mono
Lettuce

Post by Lettuce »

You are 100% right, I just came back to post that too! The learning curve is steep, stuff that is simple on other radios is a bit tougher, but opentx is nothing short of amazing.
Lettuce

Post by Lettuce »

Pouring with Rain here so can't get out and fly, the radio is going to get a lot of time spent setting it up :lol:

Return to “openTx”