Play value

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
AndreL

Play value

Post by AndreL »

opentx 2.3.14
couple of questions for the play value statement - is there any way to associate a prefix to the value that is played to further clarify its purpose, in case multiple play value statements are used. Ex - if I use a telemetry fuel value - the radio will only state "twenty five percent" or "fifty percent" etc. Is it possible to insert the word Fuel before the value is played? If I play value of altitude and fuel, one following the other - i will get "fifty percent - one hundred and twenty feet", bit vague but as requested. To clarify I was hoping to add fuel and altitude statements before the announcement to become - fuel fifty percent - altitude one hundred and twenty feet.

Second question to clarify the usage of "play value" - if the repeat option is used and set to - say - 20 sec, will a new value be captured and played once every 20 seconds, or will it play every time a change is recognized in the telemetry input thus disregarding the 20 second window.
as always thanks for your knowledge and education.

Kilrah

Re: Play value

Post by Kilrah »

You can add a "Play Track" before the Play Value with an appropriate file that says what it is, but it's not built-in (sensor names are customizable and there's no text to speech engine...)

Repeat 20 seconds will say the value as it is every 20 seconds.
AndreL

Re: Play value

Post by AndreL »

Awesome - would have not thought of that - I can assume that the switch that it is under is played in sequence working down the page. - Thanks for your help. Maybe somewhere in the future that could be an option.

Return to “openTx”