Older OpenTX firmware

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
walidm74

Older OpenTX firmware

Post by walidm74 »

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a FrSky Taranis QX7 ACCESS radio.
I updated the firmware from 2.3.11 (or 2.3.12, I don't remember) to the last version (2.3.14).
Everything was working fine for a couple of weeks.
Recently, a new problem occurred on my radio. I am sure it is a hardware issue (electronic) and I am in contact with my reseller. However, he wants me to downgrade to the original firmware (2.3.11 or 2.3.12) and test again, to see if the problem still occurs.
I am sure the problem will remain (it is some kind of bad electronic contact in the main on/off button), but I would still like to test.

OpenTX Companion does not allow for downloading an older version of OpenTX firmware, so my only chance would be that some can send me the corresponding file.
So, can anybody send me the "opentx-x7access-en.bin" file for 2.3.11 and or 2.3.12 or point to a place where I can donwload those files ?

Thanks a lot.

Kilrah

Re: Older OpenTX firmware

Post by Kilrah »

Just download the FrSky firmware from their site.
walidm74

Post by walidm74 »

unless I am wrong, the only way to download the firmware is through the companion. And the companion (as indicated also in another post somewhere) does only allow for downloading the latest firmware, not on older.
Do you know any page, where I can find direct downloads to older versions ? I didn't find any.
I even tried to uninstall Companion 2.3.14 and install Companion 2.3.11 or 12, but still the same : the Companion only check for the last update.

Thanks for your help.
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

From here https://www.frsky-rc.com/taranis-q-x7-access/

There is 2.3.9 and 2.3.12 available.

Put that bin file on the sd-card in the firmware folder and flash the radio.

That's it.

KH

Return to “openTx”