X12s Companion connection

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
25wood25

X12s Companion connection

Post by 25wood25 »

I have tried to backup my SD card in my transmitter without success using both companion 2.3 and older versions. When the transmitter is connected to Win 10 there is the usual USB connection sound but in win explorer the tranny does not show up. In devices and printers the STM32 BOOTLOADER is present and in device manager libusbk USB Devices STM BOOTLOADER is shown present and working. I have reinstalled using Zadig without positive result. In Companion pressing read models and settings from radio gets dialog box saying unable to find radio sd card BUT Companion is quite happy to successfully update the transmitter to the latest firmware 2.3.14. And the radio confirms the update has been loaded so companion must be seeing the SD card. There is no USB title on the transmitter screen power off which I believe should be present. Any advice on what is wrong and the reason companion will not backup models settings etc would be greatly appreciated.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: X12s Companion connection

Post by MikeB »

Power the Tx on in "bootloader mode" (hold the two horizontal trims towards the centre, then power on). Then plug the USB in.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
25wood25

Re: X12s Companion connection

Post by 25wood25 »

Thanks Mike B, Done as you said connected to win 10 computer usual usb connection sound. Screen on X12s says USB connected. Device manager confirms under universal serial bus devices that Frsky Horus Bootloader is present and driver working. In driver details FRsky horus mass storage. but in 'events' the following shows what is wrong ' Device USB\VID_0483&PID_5720\00000000001B requires further installation'. I came across this before but cannot remember the solution. Companion still fails to see sd card because of this error. Regards

Return to “openTx”