Possible to save models from OpenTX 2.1 on a TG9x for use with OpenTX 2.3 on a TX16s?

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
cbf123

Possible to save models from OpenTX 2.1 on a TG9x for use with OpenTX 2.3 on a TX16s?

Post by cbf123 »

I have a Turnigy 9x running OpenTX 2.1, and it seems to be saving all the models together in a *.eepe file. Is it possible to somehow convert these models to a format that would be compatible with OpenTX 2.3 running on my shiny new TX16s?

In Companion 2.1 it looks like I can save the model file as .eepe, .bin, or .hex

In Companion 2.3 if I try to read in the .eepe file or the .bin file from Companion 2.1 it gives an error box that says "Can't extract RADIO/radio.bin"

I think part of the problem is that Companion 2.1 doesn't have separate radio and models files. I get the same error if I try to read in a model .bin file from the MODELS directory on the SD card rather than the .otx radio backup file for the TX16s.

Kilrah

Re: Possible to save models from OpenTX 2.1 on a TG9x for use with OpenTX 2.3 on a TX16s?

Post by Kilrah »

You might be able to go through companion 2.2 then 2.3 but you'll have to thoroughly check nothing's been corrupted.

Envoyé de mon TAH-N29m en utilisant Tapatalk

cbf123

Re: Possible to save models from OpenTX 2.1 on a TG9x for use with OpenTX 2.3 on a TX16s?

Post by cbf123 »

I was able to use Companion 2.2 to convert them, thanks! Now I just have to adjust all the switches appropriately.

Return to “openTx”