Horus x10 Exp Failsafe

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
youngstar

Horus x10 Exp Failsafe

Post by youngstar »

Hi,
Just updated openTX to 2.3.14 Isrm to V2.1.6 and receivers to latest firmware R9SX & RX4R only to find Failsafe no longer works with two receivers.
If I turn of either module all works ok on one RX.
Any ideas ?

youngstar

Re: Horus x10 Exp Failsafe

Post by youngstar »

I have re installed all updates incase an error on my side loading but same results.
So I have posted this on GitHub. If someone elses could post their experience!
I cant be the only person using dual frequency for a backup receiver.
Thank you
youngstar

Re: Horus x10 Exp Failsafe

Post by youngstar »

Hi,
I now know what is happening with the failsafe. This is for two receivers on different frequencies with one receiver as master with servos and the other as slave with sbus out.
When you first apply one receiver failsafe settings the Horus automatically appliess the same setting to the second receiver. If you try to test the failsafe by turning off the TX the receivers apply a HOLD. However, the Logic being if either frequency receiver dies then the other receiver picks up seamlessly and should this receiver also lose a signal then its failsafe settings apply. This does work, so on no account disable one receivers failsafe settings with two receivers on different frequencies.
Its a pitty Frsky could not have explained this!

Return to “openTx”