Open TX Companion 2.3.12 problem creating models

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
SpemM

Open TX Companion 2.3.12 problem creating models

Post by SpemM »

Hello,
This is a new PC/Radiomaster setup:
Creating a model under companion 2.3.12 (standard plane) and writing it to a Radiomaster TX16S (2.3.12). When I select the new model I get a strange message about Switch 'G' being invalid? Also I cannot 'Page' through the standard screens (timer, stick movement, etc). If I create a model on the Radiomaster it works fine. Reading to OpenTX, modifying and re-writing still works.

Kilrah

Re: Open TX Companion 2.3.12 problem creating models

Post by Kilrah »

When you create a new model you first read from the radio and then create the model in that document, right?
SpemM

Post by SpemM »

After further testing I have TWO problems! This is a new radio I'm setting up for a friend:
1) If I use one of the models supplied with the radio (OMPHOBBY M2) the screen displays the timer, switches and stick movements, . If I create a new model either under Companion or direct on the radio, when I select it I get the picture but no Timer/switch/stick info. However if I duplicate the OMPHOBBY M2 and modify the copy, the displayed info is still there. Is there a 'display setting' I don't know about (comparing models I cant see anything).

2) Hidden by problem 1, it looks like the 'G' switch is broken as in the OMPHOBBY model (which does show info on the left) lets me see I can see that the 'G' switch only shows middle and down, not up, middle and down. Funnily enought the OMPHOBBY model has the alert turned OFF for switch 'G'.

Sorry to ramble on,
Spem
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The TELE key from the home page gets you to where you set up the display widgets.

For the switch check the hardware page of the SYS menu to see if it's correctly configured as 3pos, and then Diag/keys below to see if it operates correctly.
SpemM

Post by SpemM »

Kilrah,
Thanks for the fast reply. Well, it looks like the switch is definitely broken it gives me forward, middle, forward even in diag but no back. The wires may be shorted 1&3. I'll get my friend to contact his supplier.

On the widgit front, Attached is an example of my problem. I've tried adding data selections in the boxes but its a slow (and frustrating) process. Is there a tutorial available on this? My radios are both Taranis so these screens are baked-in.

Thanks,
Spem
Attachments
screenshot_tx16s_21-06-19_16-18-40.png
screenshot_tx16s_21-06-19_16-18-40.png (34.29 KiB) Viewed 2538 times
screenshot_tx16s_21-06-19_16-18-07.png
screenshot_tx16s_21-06-19_16-18-07.png (40.59 KiB) Viewed 2538 times

SpemM

Re: Open TX Companion 2.3.12 problem creating models & widgets

Post by SpemM »

To close this thread, here's what I've done:
I checked out a couple of the widget articles on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw3Qu6dhgrk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QFibMtCQ4Q

For the simpler models, I just recreated them from a template based on the OMP model. For the more complicated models I added the minimum widgets per the videos.

Return to “openTx”