RadioLink T8FB - TX16S trainer

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
jozefk

RadioLink T8FB - TX16S trainer

Post by jozefk »

Hi,

I have RadioLink T8FB and R8EF - TX and RX. And TX16S with R8EF or FRSKY S8R glider model. Is there any possibility to set this as wireless trainer mode? Or even wired trainer mode? - T8FB has round svideo. TX16S is using mono cable.
I tried svideo - mono cable. With no luck. I did not saw Calibration under Trainer in opentx. I also tried instructables.com wireless trainer. But I used R8EF. Connected to middle pins. R8EF set up to PPM or SBUS mode. No luck.
RadioLink has its own wireless trainer mode with svideo-three pins-ppm RX. I am not sure which pins are used. Could wired mode be voltage problem? Or Wired also need 3 wires?

Thank you
Jozef

jozefk

Re: RadioLink T8FB - TX16S trainer

Post by jozefk »

Working with standard mono-mono cable. Or stereo-stereo cable + converter mono-4pin din. Only problem was tx16s. Connector must not be fully inserted. Just insert it a bit. I put some spacer to stereo connector, so connector is not fully buried to tx16s. Not perfect, but working.

Return to “openTx”