Diagnosing weird/slow behaviour on custom OpenTX radio

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
TokyoDom

Diagnosing weird/slow behaviour on custom OpenTX radio

Post by TokyoDom »

Hi I have a Lite Radio 2 which is customized as per Dirk Gausman's advanced mods. I believe it should be functionally similar to the Taranis X7
Its running OpenTX 2.3.9 (custom build of the X7 firmware with some mods to support the SH1106 LCD)
https://github.com/digaus/opentx/tree/BetaFPV

I had done all up until the SD card mod for about 6 months now, working fine. And then on the weekend i soldered the 4 wires for the SD card. It booted up, read the SD card (gave a warning about contents so i downloaded the correct contents and i could see it working in the radio menu - more tools available and i could see the SD card contents)

I left the radio alone since i was going to wire up a speaker into it with a PAM8403 power amp. Today i went to boot it up and i see a screen of static come up before the main status screen. Button presses take 1-2s to register on the screen, and the SD card reader is no longer recognised (no warning putting in an SD card with incorrect contents, nothing on the SD card contents screen)

I have double, triple and quadruple checked my solder joints on the chip legs, no shorts, good connectivity. SD Card module gets 3.3v, CS pin has 3.3v, other pins are getting some sort of voltage from the STM32

Pressing the setup button and connecting the radio to USB also doesnt bring up the drive access like it should. In fact i cant get it recognised in OpenTX companion at all, unless i boot to DFU, and rewrite the firmware. This did not fix the issue.

Its as if the processor is struggling to process something... It boots up but i think there is some process running to slow the system down.

Is there some sort of diagnistics i can do to work out why it suddenly 'broke' like this?

Return to “openTx”