Transmitter power on delay - shut it off?

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
bpjacobsen

Transmitter power on delay - shut it off?

Post by bpjacobsen »

I cannot find a thread on this but When I had my Tarannis QX7, I had it programmed somehow to not delay when powering it on. Pretty sure it has to be done somehow in the source code but I can't for the life of me remember how. I want to do this for my Radiomaster Tx16s. It has a setting in the radio for power off delay but not on. Not sure why it would be necessary to delay power on and frankly it's annoying. Anyone able to help with this? I found this one for the QX7:

viewtopic.php?t=11020

But not sure where to find this code as the path provided does not pan out for me. Not sure if this is done in the radio or via the PC. I assume PC b/c you can't copy and paste all that info to my knowledge.

TokyoDom

Re: Transmitter power on delay - shut it off?

Post by TokyoDom »

You need OpenTX 2.3 or later. In OpenTX Companion go to Radio Settings, and in Setup, set Power On Delay 0 sec, and Show Splash Screen on startup ---. You still need to hold the power button for half a second or so, but its much quicker than the 3s standard

Return to “openTx”