[SOLVED] Model Folder Sound Files

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
rwebb616

[SOLVED] Model Folder Sound Files

Post by rwebb616 »

Hello everyone! First time here joining the group!

In the documentation it talks about model specific sound files. I have a Jumper T16 with the 6 position flight mode buttons and I can't for the life of me figure out the proper filename for each of the 6 positions so that it will play the sound file.

I know that I can assign it under Special Functions or whatever but it seems quite easy to put the sound files in the folder with their switch names. I've tried P11.wav thinking first multipos switch and position 1, P61 thinking 6 pos switch position 1 and numerous other combinations and have yet to get the wav file to play upon selecting a mode button. All the other switches work as expected and play the proper file.

Any idea what the proper name should be?
Thanks,
Rich
Last edited by rwebb616 on Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilrah

Re: Model Folder Sound Files

Post by Kilrah »

Looks like it's "S11".
rwebb616

Post by rwebb616 »

Doesn't seem to be working. Tried S11.wav and PS11.wav. From the manual it states:

Multiple Position Switches / Stepped Potentiometers
P-switchNumber-position.wav
P11.wav
P16.wav
P24.wav

It seems logical that it should start with P, but I don't know what switch number it is. It's technically not a switch but a POT in the hardware with type "multipos"

I just tried copying the same audio file to filenames Px1.wav where x is 1-9 so P11, P21 and so on.. none of them activated when pressing switch position 1.

Rich
rwebb616

Post by rwebb616 »

So through a discussion with a dev on a bug, found out it IS "S" but it's S2x so S21 for button 1 to S26 to button 6.

Problem solved.
Rich
3djc

Re: [SOLVED] Model Folder Sound Files

Post by 3djc »

Yes, because the 6pos is the second pot technicaly

rwebb616

Re: [SOLVED] Model Folder Sound Files

Post by rwebb616 »

@3djc - just noticed there is no spectrum dsm in that firmware you sent me. I haven't tried another nightly yet - just went back to 2.3.7 for now. DSM isn't being removed I would assume right?

Thanks,
Rich

Return to “openTx”