Do I need to use "External RF" with multi-protocol module to bind to NanoCPX?

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Dali748

Do I need to use "External RF" with multi-protocol module to bind to NanoCPX?

Post by Dali748 »

I'm new to OpenTX and I just upgraded the firmware on my X9D+2019 to OpenTX v2.3.7.

I see under the "External RF" in the "Model Setup" screen that there is an option to use a "DSM2" mode, if I select this would I be able to bind successfully to my NanoCPX?

Or would I need to purchase a multi-protocol module like iRange IRX4+ then select "MULTI DSM" mode to be able to successfully bind with my NanoCPX?

Thank you!

Kilrah

Re: Do I need to use "External RF" with multi-protocol module to bind to NanoCPX?

Post by Kilrah »

If the module bay is empty nothing's going to happen...
So yes you need solution 2.

DSM2 is for another type of module DIYed with the RF part salvaged from an actual Spektrum radio, which was a popular mod before the multiprotocol module existed.
Dali748

Re: Do I need to use "External RF" with multi-protocol module to bind to NanoCPX?

Post by Dali748 »

@Kilrah Ok, great...thank you! I purchased the iRanger IRX4+ module so I will test binding it to the NanoCPX once I receive it.
HardDrive4096

Post by HardDrive4096 »

Here is a eepe file for the nano cpx
Attachments
Blade_nano_CPX.zip
(190.38 KiB) Downloaded 200 times

Return to “openTx”