RadioMaster TX16s serial ports

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
wilopaan

RadioMaster TX16s serial ports

Post by wilopaan »

Hi all,

I opened some days ago another thread "RadioMaster TX16s USB/Serial", but the title was a bit misleading, since I got informed that the two additional serial ports of the TX16s are normal serial rx/tx or rtx/tx/cts ports.

Currently there are no special plans to use these ports in OpenTX.

Some questions:

1) Would it be possible to use them as SBUS-Input? (as trainer or for diy-projects)

2) Would it be posiible to use them as telemetry-output with a common format for all HF-protocols.

3) Would i be possible to use them as general in/out for LUA?

Thank you!

wilopaan

Re: RadioMaster TX16s serial ports

Post by wilopaan »

In the hal.h I found information that these ports are AUX and AUX2. Looks like they were intended to be used with BT and GPS.

Can anyone shed a little bit more light on them?
wilopaan

Re: RadioMaster TX16s serial ports

Post by wilopaan »

Isn't there anyone to answer these question?

In general it would be nice to know, where I can provide serial (SBUS) trainer input and where to get telemetry output. Maybe there is a summary, where I can get this kind of information?

Would be very happy, if someone could guide me ... (perhaps also to the above questions).

Thank you.

Return to “openTx”