Radiomaster TX16s USB-serial

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
wilopaan

Radiomaster TX16s USB-serial

Post by wilopaan »

Hi all,

the RadioMaster TX16s will have two USB-seriell ports.

How can one use these two ports from Opentx? Will it be possible to receive inputs from these serials via some serial protocoll?

Would be nice to get some info.

3djc

Re: Radiomaster TX16s USB-serial

Post by 3djc »

That is the intend, but the how/what is undefined yet. We will probably provide a way to get serial data from lua script, possibly trainer as well. All that probably not at release
wilopaan

Post by wilopaan »

3djc wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:24 pm That is the intend, but the how/what is undefined yet. We will probably provide a way to get serial data from lua script, possibly trainer as well. All that probably not at release
Ok, thank you!
wilopaan

Post by wilopaan »

3djc wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:24 pm We will probably provide a way to get serial data from lua script
That would be really great!

What about the hardware in thet tx16s?
Can one internally connect an e.g. bluetooth-module (serial) to this serial-interface without using the USB-layer?

Or even better, there would be a bluetooth-usb-dongle campatible with the tx16s serial-usb-port.
3djc

Post by 3djc »

Wow sorry I miss read your initial post. There are no two USB serial . There is one USB serial used for flashing, simulator and possibly debug, like most current OpenTX radios. There is also two UART (non usb) accessible at the bottom of the radio (one with rx/tx, one with rx/tx/cts).

How access will be given to those and what feature they will have is still work in progress, and will continue to evolve after release

wilopaan

Post by wilopaan »

3djc wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:03 am Wow sorry I miss read your initial post. There are no two USB serial . There is one USB serial used for flashing, simulator and possibly debug, like most current OpenTX radios. There is also two UART (non usb) accessible at the bottom of the radio (one with rx/tx, one with rx/tx/cts).

How access will be given to those and what feature they will have is still work in progress, and will continue to evolve after release
Ok, thank you!!!

This looks somewhat better to me.

It would be great, if one could access these serials from lua (setting baudrate, reading and writing arbitrary strings), because this would be the absolute killer feature for all those DIY-projects around this and OpenTx in general!

Well, I preordered an tx16s week ago and hopefully I will get one next month or so.

Thanks!
wilopaan

Post by wilopaan »

Did I get you right, that the trainer input is per USB-serial as SBUS?
wilopaan

Post by wilopaan »

I just compiled the RM TX16s firmware, and I found the two additional serial ports(TTL) in the hardware config.

I there can select SBUS in and LUA and Telemtry mirror an in.

Is that functional already?
What do these settings mean?

Is SBUS meanung trainer-input? As from the DSC-jack?
J40yke

Post by J40yke »

Ive just added the Horus bt unit to the pcb on my rmtx16, enabled in opentx, but is not discoverable with BT devices. Any idea why not?
enggmaug

Post by enggmaug »

J40yke wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:10 pm Ive just added the Horus bt unit to the pcb on my rmtx16, enabled in opentx, but is not discoverable with BT devices. Any idea why not?
My reply comes late... But I just managed to get it working.
https://www.instructables.com/Bluetooth ... ter-TX16S/

Return to “openTx”