Trim-Buttons on Jumper T12

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
wilopaan

Trim-Buttons on Jumper T12

Post by wilopaan »

Hi all,

a user in another forum pointed out to me that it should be possible to use the trim knobs as a general switch / button.

I tried to use them (e.g. TR1) for a mixer input, but it looks like I made something wrong.

Is it really possible? How? Any hints?

Thanks.

3djc

Re: Trim-Buttons on Jumper T12

Post by 3djc »

Trim need then first to be disabled in flight mode to disable the beeps and everything, then create an input with it I guess, or control a mix based on MAX
Last edited by 3djc on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

To clarify, TR1 is trainer input 1, nothing to do with trim.
If you want to use the trims as buttons they are in the list of switches, not of sources. tEd for trim Elevator down etc.
wilopaan

Post by wilopaan »

3djc wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:56 pm Trim need then first to be disabled in flight mode to disable the beeps and everything, then create an input with it I guess, or control a mix based on MAX
Thank you!

If the trims are then disabled, one can achieve a trim-effect say with a scipt returning some fixed value or just using the side-wheels.
wilopaan

Post by wilopaan »

If I try to use getValue("tEd") I always read 0 (zero).

I can define an edge-logical switch for tEd or an or-logical switch with a constant logical-switch and then read this logical-switch.

Is there a way to read the "tEd" directly by a lua script?

thx.

wilopaan

Post by wilopaan »

3djc wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:56 pm Trim need then first to be disabled in flight mode to disable the beeps and everything, then create an input with it I guess, or control a mix based on MAX
I have to define an inputs with two lines:
- one is active with tEd outputting MAX
- one is active with !tEd outputting -MAX (or 0)

Then pushing the trim gives MAX, releasing gives -Max.
This can be polled in a Widget to detect a chance and generating a pseudo event.

Is there a simple method to get this result? Because I need 3 actions (prev, next, select) I need three inputs.

Return to “openTx”