Blade Nano CP S

If you have a model config you would like to share. Post it here!
flick33

Blade Nano CP S

Post by flick33 »

Hello, does anyone have ER9x template for nano CP S?

flick33

Re: Blade Nano CP S

Post by flick33 »

i cant figure out how to switch from safe to agility/3D mode...anyone knows?
Daedalus66

Blade Nano CP S

Post by Daedalus66 »

If you look at the manual, you will see that Channel 5 (gear) is what controls the flight mode (hold, stability, 3D). So all you need is a 3-position switch set up to give -100, 0, 100. On a 9x, use the 3POS source for channel 5 mix.

Panic mode requires channel 6 to be controlled by the TRN switch to give -100, 100.

To match Spektrum standards, all six channels should be set to limits of +/- 80 (or you can set weights to 80, but limits is generally the better way to do it. The possible exception is throttle that might need to be set to -100 to achieve arming.

You will need to reverse aileron and rudder (channels 2 and 4).

You will see from the transmitter setup info in the manual how to set throttle and pitch curves.

Timer should be set to countdown from 4 minutes. Use THs to control timer with the throttle stick.

Be sure to follow the specific binding instructions in the manual. It won't work unless you do.

I hope this helps. I can't verify the details because I don't have either your transmitter or a Nano CPS, but the recipe should be basically sound.
Simo

Post by Simo »

Actually both flight and panic modes are controlled by CH5 (while CH6 controls pitch). Some suggestions for CH5 values can be found here:
http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/model- ... -nano-cp-s

At least LED indication and servo movements makes sense with proposed values (including 80% limits). I haven't tested all of these in flight yet though.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Thanks for the correction. I was thinking of how the fixed wing UMX SAFE models operate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nmyron

Post by nmyron »

Any chance someone could upload their working settings for a Nano CP-S? I just got one, I've been trying to configure a flight control profile literally all day, and for the life of me have no idea what I'm doing wrong. A glance at someone's settings config that 'works' would be most helpful. I have the Nano CP-S, and a 9XR-Pro. While I know I most likely can't direct-port your settings from the 9X, it would put me much further down the path of figuring out what I've done wrong on my end.

What I've got going on is, after the heli binds to my transmitter it appears to set the pitch, but the throttle has no response and moving either of the sticks changes none of the servo positions. I ensured "invert elevator" and "invert aileron" were both set. What I believe is the problem is that my throttle and pitch curves are all wrong. However I have no idea how to set them up. From the CP-S manual it appears that essentially each 'flight mode' on the heli has it's own throttle/pitch curve.

Ch1 is 100% Throttle
Ch2 is 100% Aileron
Ch3 is 100% Elevator
Ch4 is 100% Rudder
Ch5 is -100% Full Sw(ID0)
0% Full Sw(ID1)
100% Full Sw(ID2)
Ch6 is 100% Full (have no idea what to bind this to, but according to the CPs Manual this should be Pitch)

Should I be setting the Flight Modes on the "mode" screen and configuring them to be bound to ID0-ID2 there as well? And how does one configure the throttle/pitch curves to correspond to the various flight modes?
KAL

Post by KAL »

Hi,

I don't have a model file for the nano CP S but for the basics here my model file for nano CP X:
nano CPX.eepm
(3.41 KiB) Downloaded 843 times
Note:
  • NO handling for panic mode as the X doesn't have this feature
  • ID2 = Idle Up, ID0 and ID1 = stunt mode
  • limits on CH6 are set to avoid too much pitch (have to be set individually for every heli, (10 degrees I think in my case))
  • for hold mode the throttle cut switch is used (sticky throttle cut)
  • curves 1-3: throttle curves
  • curves 4-6: pitch curves
  • DR/Expo is controlled by Gear Switch
CAUTION: for testing always remove the blades or disconnect main motor
at least such a small bird can bite! ;)

Klaus
( TH9X / 9XTreme / FrSky DHT / Spektrum / Multi / RotEnc )
( 9XR PRO / erSKY9x  / FrSky DHT / Spektrum / Multi / RotEnc / P3 as Slider )
hugodr06

Post by hugodr06 »

Bonjour tout le monde, j'ai acheté le nano cps je n'arrive pas à le programmer correctement avec la spektrum dx7s, en fait je n'arrive pas a passer en mode 3d . est ce que quelqu'un peut m'aider svp car je suis completement perdu
merci beaucoup
Daedalus66

Blade Nano CP S

Post by Daedalus66 »

The question here is how to set up a Nano CPS on a Spektrum DX7S. Specifically, how to enter 3D mode. Anyone help?

I've had a look at the manual and programming the DX7s is covered there (and it's available in French), so I'm not sure what the problem might be. Any ideas?

Hugodr06: SVP, expliquez un peu le probleme. Dans le manuel on trouve comment programmer le DX7s.
hugodr06

Post by hugodr06 »

non j'ai ce qu'il me dise dans le manuel mais ca ne marche pas donc si quelqu'un peut m'aider a programmer merci
Daedalus66

Blade Nano CP S

Post by Daedalus66 »

hugodr06 wrote:non j'ai ce qu'il me dise dans le manuel mais ca ne marche pas donc si quelqu'un peut m'aider a programmer merci
He's saying that he followed the manual but it didn't work.

Anyone have advice to offer?
kaos

Post by kaos »

Here is what the manual says in the other topic: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=8363#p109170

according to the manual, DX7 the 3D mode is ID1,2. The difference between ID1,2 is at ID2 the throttle is 100% all the way which is What most people consider it 3D. If he is uisng a DX7 it should work. Recheck the setting. If still does not work, contact the seller. In the US it is sold by Horizon Hobby which has a very good reputation of taking care of their customer.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

He's using a DX7s. Does that change things?

kaos

Post by kaos »

I don't think so, DX7s is just a beefed up version of DX7, some says it is a smaller version of DX8. I think most likely is the set up. What does he mean by 'does not work'. any specific? the pitch does not work or the throttle?
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

hugodr06 wrote:non j'ai ce qu'il me dise dans le manuel mais ca ne marche pas donc si quelqu'un peut m'aider a programmer merci
Hugodr06:
Quel est le probleme exact ?

"Ca ne marched pas" est un peu trop generale! :)

Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

kaos wrote:I don't think so, DX7s is just a beefed up version of DX7, some says it is a smaller version of DX8. I think most likely is the set up. What does he mean by 'does not work'. any specific? the pitch does not work or the throttle?
The DX7s is from a generation before the current DX7 (not to be confused with the old DX7 pre 2011). I recall seeing that the settings in the manual were different for DX7 and DX7s but I don't have the manual handy and I don't have a DX7s or a Nano CPS (I do have Nano CPX).

I'm just trying to facilitate here. I've asked the OP to give a more exact explanation than "it doesn't work".

nmyron

Post by nmyron »

To flick33, I had the same question, and I worked in a different thread viewtopic.php?f=123&t=8363 with some of the guys also replying here to get a profile setup. Please find it attached below. If you're still subbed to this thread and haven't figured it out yet, hopefully this will get you there. It got me working. I don't have the push-button "SAFE" feature worked out yet, but to read around it's a matter of sending an additional +20 to +40 on CH5 (IE add an ADD mix on CH5 for a momentary switch to send between +20 to +40 to ch5).
Nano CP-S (Nathan).eepm
(3.41 KiB) Downloaded 865 times
To hugodr06 - I don't speak French, but hopefully someone can translate this. If you've followed the setup instructions to build the heli profile, and you're sure that's all correct, be sure you're binding in Computer TX mode (depress bind button, full right rudder, release bind button and continue holding full right rudder until lights go solid). In a lot of my reading around a lot of people misread that step, perform the RTF controller binding steps (they're listed first on the applicable pages) and it makes the heli act wonky. I had to go a step further during my bind and hold full throttle/full right rudder to get my heli to behave properly. Please also find attached below the applicable pages from the manual in both English and (I think) French (I don't speak or read it, but I'm fairly sure it's French) :-)
IMG_20160120_0001.pdf
(4.62 MiB) Downloaded 785 times
Daedalus66

Blade Nano CP S

Post by Daedalus66 »

This is getting a bit confused because hugodr06 is really in the wrong forum. He's trying to program a Nano CPS to work with his DX7S, not a 9x or any other open source firmware transmitter.

Hugo's question is why can't he get 3D to work? I now think the answer is very simple: the FM switch on the DX7S is only two-position, so you can only get Normal and Stunt modes, not 3D. This seems clear from the table in the manual, where a DX8 has three-position FM switch and can do Normal, Stunt and 3D mode, but the DX7S is shown as Normal, Stunt and blank. I'll contact him directly in French.

EDIT
I PM'd Hugo but no response. He probably figured it out anyway.
09gepard

Post by 09gepard »

Hello,

Good support here! Thanks!
What I have learned is that OrangeRx does not work with Blade Nano CPs. That's why I took the hf-module from DX5e an build my own module using the "nice" case from the OrangeRx. Thanks to several posts here and hack's mods page...
Binding ok.
Servos are working as expected, main rotor spinning, so far so good.
After a few seconds the nano CPs is like freezed. No reaction on the sticks, still spinning... This also happens during flight after lets say 10 seconds. ... crash. Sometimes the tail rotor speed up to maximum speed. You can imagine what happens.
Does somebody know what is wrong here?

Edit
I am using
TH9X opentx-9x-2.0.19 EEPR:216-1
09gepard

Post by 09gepard »

Is there anybody who can help?
Would be great!
Is there anybody who successfully bound nano cps to TH9x and it works as intended including panic mode?
Daedalus66

Blade Nano CP S

Post by Daedalus66 »

One thing to be clear about is that the current Orange modules just don't work with any of the recent UMX models. You have to use either a pre-2015 Orange module or a DIY unit made from a hacked module out of a DX4e or DX5e.
Jsharpe

Post by Jsharpe »

I have a th9x pro with an orange module with the dip switches set #3 and #5 on with all others off and it binds and flies. Still working on the set up for flight modes but it does work.
FrancisB

Post by FrancisB »

Hugodr06
Pourrais tu me dire si tu a régler ton problème avec ta Nano CPS j'ai le même avec la mienne et le control DX6I
J'arrive pas malgré plusieurs essais!

Merci
Francis

Return to “Template Library”