Can anyone help with a setup for a TREX 250 DFC with 3GX MRS

If you have a model config you would like to share. Post it here!
grahamculver

Can anyone help with a setup for a TREX 250 DFC with 3GX MRS

Post by grahamculver »

I wonder if anyone can help. I've managed to set up a few helicopters on the Taranis now, but the latest has me beaten!
I've got a TREX 250 Plus DFC with the 3gx MRS flybarless unit preinstalled. I've got a Spektrum satellite bound successfully to my Orange module. However I've tried everything and I just can't get the cyclic servos correct. Something is not right and its got me stumped.

Am I right in thinking that I need to use Spektrum channel order as the radio is talking to a Spektrum satellite? [TAERGP]

According to the manual, the unit needs H-1 mixing. Am I right in thinking that means '90 degrees' on a Taranis? I don't seem to get any servo movement when its set to that.

With the CCPM mixing set to 90, will I need to use 'AIL' "ELE' and pitch values in the mixes, or CYC 1, CYC2 & CYC3?

I've tried so many things now, I'm loosing track of what seemed better and worse!

Kilrah

Re: Can anyone help with a setup for a TREX 250 DFC with 3GX

Post by Kilrah »

For flybarless controllers you don't use the HELI page and the CYCx, you simply directly assign the sticks to the channels, indeed following the required order you mentioned for Spektrum.
grahamculver

Post by grahamculver »

You are right Kilrah. The Swash Mix type need to be off. I think I'm nearly there now. When I have it right, I'll post more information.

There are a number of confusing issues. The manual seems to have some wrong information about reversing servos in it. But more importantly its important to understand that a 3GX and a 3GX MRS are completely different. The 3GX does require 120 CCPM mixing whereas the 3GX MRS does not and requires 'OFF' to be selected for swash type in the Taranis.
grahamculver

Post by grahamculver »

I'm still tweaking the setup to suit my flying, but for those who are interested I now have this working. It's not a 3d setup, but should provide the basics.

For clarity, this is a stock TREX 250 DFC Plus - with the 3GX MRS Flybarless unit. [This is the bright yellow plastic cased unit which contains a Futaba receiver and may have a Spektrum satellite plugged in. It's not the same setup as the ordinary Align 3GX]

I'm using a DSM2 Satellite and an Orange TX module. From time to time the unit seems to fail to bind with the transmitter and tilts the swash. Unplugging the helicopter and then plugging it back in seems to resolve the issue nearly all the time.

To clarify this would only work for a DSM2 or DSMX link as a Futaba module would require Futaba channel order.
sanyul

Post by sanyul »

grahamculver wrote: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:14 pm I'm still tweaking the setup to suit my flying, but for those who are interested I now have this working. It's not a 3d setup, but should provide the basics.

For clarity, this is a stock TREX 250 DFC Plus - with the 3GX MRS Flybarless unit. [This is the bright yellow plastic cased unit which contains a Futaba receiver and may have a Spektrum satellite plugged in. It's not the same setup as the ordinary Align 3GX]

I'm using a DSM2 Satellite and an Orange TX module. From time to time the unit seems to fail to bind with the transmitter and tilts the swash. Unplugging the helicopter and then plugging it back in seems to resolve the issue nearly all the time.

To clarify this would only work for a DSM2 or DSMX link as a Futaba module would require Futaba channel order.
Hi Grahamculver, could you please share your eepe file? I am trying to work on the same setup TREX 250 DFC PRO with 3GXmSR and a Taranis with a dipswitch ORx Orange Module.

What are your settings on the module? You mentioned a satellite. I do not have one.

Regards! and thanks for your help.

Sanyul

Return to “Template Library”