How to open eePe files in this forum

If you have a model config you would like to share. Post it here!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

How to open eePe files in this forum

Post by Rob Thomson »

eePe files are designed to be opened either in eePe or companion9x.

It 'should' be just a matter of opening them. File menu, then open, then select the .eepm file you wish to look at. It opens as a new EEPROM screen with a MODEL01 in it.

You may double click on the model, then you can simulate it, or edit it.

If you already have and EEPROM window open, you can drag and drop this model into it.

Note: The new EEPROM window that opened will have default settings and calibration values for the General settings. It is not a good idea to program it into your tx. Read your tx EERPOM, drag this new model into the loaded window, then write the updated EEPROM to the tx.
You cannot update the templates within eepe with these, they are just models with example mixes to show how they work.
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

Ropieone

Importing templates into eepe

Post by Ropieone »

Maybe I'm just having a "senior moment" right now, but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to import templates into the eepe template folder. Some of these are exactly what I need but.... Can anyone enlighten me? Sure would appreciate it.
Kilrah

Re: How to open eePe files in this forum

Post by Kilrah »

I believe the templates on the last tab are not user-editable, they're defined in the source code. The "templates" available on the forum are supposed to be used like Rob described above (open file from forum - drag/drop model onto an empty slot in your own eeprom).
kaos

Post by kaos »

I think that may deserve some consideration for the future. to include a function that template can be added by users. There are hundreds of template posts for different purposes here. they are all good templates, but most people will only choose a few of them for their own purpose. and each one's picks are different.
Like that one complicated template that Kilrah made to switch the ail and ele direction, it so ingenius but I would probably never use. ;) :) :)

It would be nice if we can pick the templates that we use most often or have potential to use and be able to add in the Tx menu under template, when doing programming, it would be a lot easier and convenient, especially in the field without a computer at hand.
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

To put templates in the transmitter menu would require you to recompile the code yourself. That might cause issues. Like if you want a bunch of complicated templates then you may run out of flash in the Tx.
-Gohst

Ropieone

Post by Ropieone »

Thanks all who answered. I didn't get the answer that I wanted to hear, but did get what I was expecting. I was just hoping there was a way to import into TX/ Eepe template menu to save cutting and pasting. Oh well, can't have everything. Again, thanks for the responses
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

As said you don't have to cut and paste anything. Just open the downloaded .eepe file, open a 2nd file you'll be working with (or your radio's eeprom), and drag and drop to make a copy.
Ropieone

Post by Ropieone »

Thanks for the clarification. While it's not what I said, that's what I meant. Your explanation is much clearer.
CGFlyer

Post by CGFlyer »

Sorry for being so computer illiterate...

Does it matter if I save the file as .eepe vs .eepm? I notice that both extensions are list in previous posts.

Also, my Mac is being a pain in the butt saving these files as a .txt without me prompting it to do so...any easy fix for that?

R, cgf
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

.eepe saves your complete eeprom including general settings
.eepm saves a model..
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

Recently it came to my attention that companion 9x does not read .eepm files. The first post in this thread is outdated concerning that.

Also a guideline was given:
If you use er9x firmware, use eepe
If you use open9x or ? , use companion 9x.

There are probably exceptions to this guideline that I am unaware of.
tronicworm

Post by tronicworm »

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum. Got the 9XR 2weeks ago. Now I have troubles to set it up for a Blade Nano CP X (cant get it out of Throttle Hold). Found a nice .EEPM image but companion9X can only open .EEPE!? Found no solution in the forum, just that its a bug and should be solved already. Please H_E_L_P
Attachments
jlk69 BL NCP X v3.eepm
This is the EEPM file which I cant open with companion9X
(1.08 KiB) Downloaded 724 times
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

You would need eepe to open it :-)
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
tronicworm

Post by tronicworm »

Hi Rob,

thanks for the quick reply, but sorry, I didnt get it. Does that mean that EEPM files cant be used with companion9x? If so, how can a model be copied via the net?
Or is there a way to import the EEPM in the EEPE file (drag and drop - as stated elsewhere in the thread - does not work). None of the file open commands accept EEPM :( .
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Open the file in the eepe program, save it again in .eepe format instead of .eepm, and then you'll be able to open it in companion9x.
tronicworm

Post by tronicworm »

Huh, now Ive got it, thanks!
It's confusing that EPEE is a program as well as a file format. Also I couldnt transfer the file 1:1 because of different file formats, it was possible to transfer the configuration data manually. Now I'm looking forward to test fly my Blade Nano. Once the configuration will work fine I will publish an updated version as EEPE.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

File format doesn't matter, but firmware type does.

When you download a .eepm file it has necessarily been made for er9x. Open9x being a bit different not everything can be translated, so some careful checks are needed.
tronicworm

Post by tronicworm »

Ok, then let me make a summary (please correct me if something is wrong):
o .eepm is a fileformat to store single Model configurations for the er9x software
o Open9x uses just the .eepe fileformat which always includes all Model configurations of the Tx
o Therefore Companion9x (a tool to read/modify/write program and model data of a TGY Tx) as well does not support .eepm files (one can open more than 1 .eepe files and move Model configurations via drag and drop).
o one can use the EEPE software to load/edit the .eepm file and transfer it manually (more or less 1:1) to Companion9x
For my model, the Blade Nano CPX I could transfer the data to about 95% strictly 1:1, the final 5% have to be elaborated and translated to achieve the same output.
The suggestion to load the .eepm file with EEPE software, than write it back as .eepe and than open this .eepe with Companion9X just lead to a file error in my case.

Hope this will help others with the same prob, to transfer single Model configurations from one Open Source Tx (TGY 9X or 9XR) to another.
barneyg

Post by barneyg »

Also being new to all this I was looking at this last night. At least on my Mac I noticed that if I take a .eepm file into eepe and then save it out as a .eepe file to put into companion9x then companion9x doesn't have any model info except the name.

So then I connected up my tx and downloaded the eeprom and saved it to a .eepe file using both applications. The file saved by eepe only worked properly in epee while the one saved by companion9x worked in both.

I then looked at bot files in a text editor ... They are completely different ... epee saves an xml document while companion9x saves a big block of alphanumeric characters.
I tried all the different save as options in epee with the same result ... What am I missing ?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Hmm, try saving as .bin in eePe. This should create a raw eeprom data file, like what C9X does.

Return to “Template Library”