Stock Firmware - For Flashing

Programming your 9x using the stock firmware that comes with the radio. (Note. This is for the th9x, not the X9R)
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Stock Firmware - For Flashing

Post by Rob Thomson »

Just incase you want to go back to the original firmware after trying one of the new ones.

To reload this on the radio you will first need to flash the radio with the .hex file, and them right after with the .eep file.
Attachments
original9x firmware.zip
(44.07 KiB) Downloaded 5235 times
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

ShowMaster

Re: Stock Firmware - For Flashing

Post by ShowMaster »

Just a general question. Has any corrections to the original FW been made like spelling?
There are some that see no reason to be able to upgrade their FW and loading a cleaned up version could be just the thing to lure them to try reprogramming without going to er9x or other FW.
With some of the recent low cost programming options it could catch on.
SM
GrootWitbaas

Post by GrootWitbaas »

This is a dumped .hex file, no way to correct any thing inside it. That was the reason there were custom firmware written for the TX.
If the source files were available then it was a complete different story :shock:
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I understand now. I went straight to er9x so I never tried the original and never will after reading about it.
Thanks
SM
B12

Post by B12 »

ShowMaster wrote:I understand now. I went straight to er9x so I never tried the original and never will after reading about it.
Thanks
SM

IMHO the original firmware is very good with helicopters. The swashplate mixes are very straight forward to configure as well as the gyro settings.

My problems started when I got into "full house" electric gliders. The original mix templates were difficult to use and to make behave like I wanted. ER9x is miles ahead with aeroplane models. Additonal features are a bonus also.

kaos

Post by kaos »

B12 wrote: IMHO the original firmware is very good with helicopters. The swashplate mixes are very straight forward to configure as well as the gyro settings.

My problems started when I got into "full house" electric gliders. The original mix templates were difficult to use and to make behave like I wanted. ER9x is miles ahead with aeroplane models. Additonal features are a bonus also.
Agree 100%. The original does better/easier for cp heli set up than current er9x. other than that, er9x is better hands down. And I fly cp heli mostly. :cry:
Still trying to get use to / learn cp heli set up on a consistent basis. er9x does provide me with all the other programming ability (like fancy light system) which original cannot do at all.
If some one knows er9x well and fly cp heli can come out with a manual/guide for cp heli set up and explain in more detail why each step is done compared to the original firmware set up, that would be great. I know there are several guides out there but still those did not work out consistently, for some reason. but again, this could be I just don't understand er9x well enough yet. :)
GrootWitbaas

Post by GrootWitbaas »

wel have a look at my setup posted here

I'm no great pilot, most fun for me is the tinkering, but now I am mostly into quads .... my Heli is just gathering dust. I tried on the stock firmware, and was able to set it up, but tbh since I put er9x on my TX I have not looked back. sure it may seem hard at the start, but play with it, remove the blades and test, then you see how every setting make a change. There are some guide and also there are more than one way to set it up. some are more complex, others are straight forward. I don't have the time to write a guide at the moment, but will get to it some day ....
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
kaos

Post by kaos »

One of the things I noticed in heli setup. I had one trex 450 pro clone (120 swash with ele at the back) heli set up in old FW. Once I switch to er9x and did not touch anything on the heli. once I level the swash at mid stick with subtrim, and top and bottom stick with limit, then figure out the pitch to get +12 at top stick by putting the % (3 same %) in ch11 mix so I got +12 at top stick. But now at bottom stick I got -15 or more(beyond my gauge reading :) ). while it was + -12 before. I have to use pitch curve to reduce it to -12 at bottom stick. What could make this kind of difference? I am still scratching my head.

On the other heli (erazor , 120 swash with ele at front), once i set it up at mid stick and get the +12 at top stick with % in ch11, the bottom stick is also -12 degree.
2 different heli, 2 different result.

both heli were setup perfectly before the switch (+-12) but that was using the old FW AFR to get the pitch angle I want.
Kind of Odd to me. :?
Westy

Post by Westy »

What have you got your Swash ring setting at? on Menu 3/10 on your Heli Setup Menu ..... if it is 10 ..... that could be why and what channel do you have collective set up on ? Mine is set up on Channel 11
kaos

Post by kaos »

Swash ring does not seems to affect collective pitch. It only affect the cyclic pitch angle. From my try. It is a weird thing. don't seem to be able to find any info on swash ring. any clue?
Westy

Post by Westy »

yep..... swash ring is the aggressive nature of the swash ring .... makes all cyclic actions less aggressive the lower the number.

To get more pitch and less pitch (if you can't get enough on the EXT limits funtion), use whatever channel you have set to swash in menu 3/10 .... most use 11 as a standard
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I see that the original Turnigy v2 FW has been posted. Has the stock FkySky FW also been posted? If not I do have a stock FSky 9x board I removed to install a ersky9x board. I also have a spare SParts board. I'm assuming I can just mount the SP board to the stock FSky board and download the firmware outside of any TX case.
Using eepe or C9X what file formate do I save the FW in, hex? Do I also DL the stock memory file and if so what format?
I just want to be clear on this because I'm not going to reflash to a working 9x to test my files, just make them available.
SM
mrmarc

Post by mrmarc »

I'd like a copy of the original FlySky firmware. Not sure if I'm missing something when I flashed the original Turnigy firmware, but my rudder. aileron, and pitch sticks do not seem to be neutrally centered based on what I'm seeing on the graphs on D/R screens (e.g. rudder at neutral is showing a slight right input).
ER9x|DSMX - EXI 450 Sport CF - Blade SR - Blade mCPX - 9958 - V911
Westy

Post by Westy »

mrmarc.... I think you need to calibrate your sticks. This is perhaps why the readings are all off. here is a link to the tutorial on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4_wk7zBdLE
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

He's on stock firmware, so that won't apply.

This is what the procedure should be to calibrate the sticks with the stock firmware:
I decided to get this stick calibration tutorial here since i had a problem with the calibration when i received my Turnigy 9x, the aileron channel travelled to the end points when i moved the stick like 2millimeters and had some headache with that for few hours. The tutorial ain't written by me and i dont know who wrote it first but it helped me so here it goes:
Push the right lower trim tab to the left (aileron on a mode 2 TX), and the left side trim tab up (Throttle trim on a mode 2 tx), and while holding them, turn the Tx on. You will get a screen that shows the version number of the firmware, with four zeroes (0000) at the top of the screen.
Center both sticks in their range in all axis, and press the menu button until it beeps and release. The screen number will change to 0001.
Move the right stick to the upper right corner, and press menu, and you should get a beep, and the number on the screen will change to 0002.
Put the right stick in the lower left corner, and press menu, and get a beep, and the number will change to 0003.
Release the right stick, and put the left stick in the upper right corner, and press menu, get the beep, and the number will change to 0004.
Put the left stick in the lower left corner, and press menu again, get the beep and the number will change to 0005. Center both sticks, and press menu, get the beep. You are done calibrating the sticks. After calibrating press Exit and the mainscreen should appear.
Some tutorials told me to shut down the tx after calibration but i noticed that it wont save the calibration without pressing Exit and going to mainscreen (the screen that comes when you normally switch on the tx).
AFAIK there's no difference between the different firmwares (Turnigy, Flysky, Eurgle,..) apart from the logo on the main screen.
Westy

Post by Westy »

whoops ... I just assumed the firmware had been flashed and did not waste the grey matter looking above for other reasons.... I will hereby butt out :)
mrmarc

Post by mrmarc »

Thanks Kilrah. I forced myself to just learn how to use ER9X and haven't looked back since. It took me a while to wrap my head around everything, but now I'm glad I did. I love sticky throttle hold! :D
ER9x|DSMX - EXI 450 Sport CF - Blade SR - Blade mCPX - 9958 - V911
mpjf01

Post by mpjf01 »

Rob Thomson wrote:Just incase you want to go back to the original firmware after trying one of the new ones.

To reload this on the radio you will first need to flash the radio with the .hex file, and them right after with the .eep file.
When I try to load the .bin file with eepe I get an error saying that the file is invalid or for use with another system. Similar (invalid file) when I try C9X. The hex file loads to the Tx OK.

Has eepe been changed in a way that prevents this working now or am I missing a step or ?
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

You wot be able to load it. Eepe does not understand the format.

But... You can, flash it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
mpjf01

Post by mpjf01 »

Thanks, that worked. Has anybody successfully flashed this firmware to the 9XR? I figured it might work given the interchangeability of the custom 9x firmwares but when I tried it, even though the hex and bin files apparently flashed OK, after flashing the hex file the TX beeps continually and the screen shows an eeprom error message for a few seconds then goes blank. It stays blank after flashing the bin file, but the beeping stops.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

If I am correct, you need to flash the firmware, and the epprom.

There is a sequence to do this - but no idea myself what this is!
mpjf01

Post by mpjf01 »

The .zip in the first post contains .hex file which is the largest and I assume the firmware and a .bin file which I assume is the epprom. I flash the .hex then the .bin. I have tried it with two different USB programmers and both my standard 9X radio and my 9Xr and get the same result. Yet I have used the same programmer and the same .bin and .hex files to flash the original 9x firmware to my 9x a few months ago and it worked then.
Last edited by mpjf01 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Guess it does not work then on the 9xr?
mpjf01

Post by mpjf01 »

I eventually got both the 9X and the 9XR flashed with the original 9X firmware. I flashed the eeprom file first then wrote flash memory from the hex.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

So all work as expected?

Guess some people may want to use it on the 9xR

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
mpjf01

Post by mpjf01 »

Yes, the 9XR operates the same as the 9x does with this firmware, except that so far I haven't got the backlight to work. There may be some who have become used to the firmware on their 9X and wish to keep the same on the newer radio. Useful to know that it is an option I suppose.
Last edited by mpjf01 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

agree..
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kaos

Post by kaos »

I guess I neve pay attention to this question. I know there is a cop of the stock FW and eeprom at the beginning of the post. How do you save a stock FW and eeprom from a stock T9X? using samba or eepe?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

With eepe/avrdude.
kaos

Post by kaos »

Thx. I am in the modding of my stock Tx for telmetry, wheel encoder..... ;)
Just like to have a copy of the current stock FW/eeprom.

so I can backup the stock FW and eeprom the same way as backing up er9x and its eeprom?

Return to “stock firmware (fly sky th9x)”