Long Beep and loses bind?

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
farmertom

Long Beep and loses bind?

Post by farmertom »

HI,
A new problem for me. I have a Turnigy 9xr radio with a OrangeRX DSM2 TX module trying to bind to a OrangeRX DSM2 RX. I have the power on to the RX and bind plug in, light is blinking on the RX. Turn on the radio with the bind button on the OrangeRX DSM2 TX module pushed. Radio boots up and a small beep. The RX light goes solid and the servos moves. Release the bind button. A few seconds later the radio gives a long beep and I see the light go out on the RX and I loose bind.
What am I doing wrong? What is the long beep? I have the battery fully charged. I get the same results with different RXs. Other radio bind with the RX module. What is wrong with my radio?
Thanks for any suggestion.
farmetom

Kilrah

Re: Long Beep and loses bind?

Post by Kilrah »

AFAIK the long beep is made by the OrangeRX module, not by the radio.

What RXs exactly? With some/most I think you should be putting the module in bind mode FIRST, and then power up the receiver with the bind plug installed.
farmertom

Post by farmertom »

Kilrah wrote:AFAIK the long beep is made by the OrangeRX module, not by the radio.

What RXs exactly? With some/most I think you should be putting the module in bind mode FIRST, and then power up the receiver with the bind plug installed.
To be more exact: I put the bind plug into the receiver(in the airplane) power up the receiver. Light blinks on receiver. Now I Hold down the binding button on the TX module (the radio) and turn on the radio.
farmertom

Post by farmertom »

Kilrah wrote:AFAIK the long beep is made by the OrangeRX module, not by the radio.

What does the long beep from the OrangeRX TX module mean?
farmertom

Post by farmertom »

Another bit of info. I get three flashes from the green light on the back of the OrangeRX TX module. What is the meaning of the three flashes?
Thanks
farmertom

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

As per the manual.....

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 212X19.pdf

I believe it is telling you the mode is selected when binding.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
farmertom

Post by farmertom »

Rob Thomson wrote:As per the manual.....

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 212X19.pdf

I believe it is telling you the mode is selected when binding.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Thank you, I know RTFM! The green flashing light indicates that it is in OSMX working mode? Why does the module use that working mode when I try to bind to any DSM2 RX? When I bind the TX RX there is a short time I can control the servos (2-3 seconds). then there is the long beep and I lose bind. Any suggestion? this module had been working good until today.
thanks for your help :)
farmertom
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

The answer might have been already posted above.. Did you read this? did you try it? ;)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
farmertom

Post by farmertom »

Hi,
After thinking on this and RTFM I think this is a OrangeRX TX problem not a radio problem. Thanks for everyone's replies.
farmertom
dmajchrzak

Post by dmajchrzak »

I am having this exact same problem. I've had no luck changing modes.
FarmerTom, were you able to get your TX module working?
dmajchrzak

Post by dmajchrzak »

Figured it out. The"change id" button was stuck in. I was able to pop it free and now all is well.
okolloen

Post by okolloen »

I had the same problem today and your solution worked like a charm for me as well, you saved my day.
Quirino

Post by Quirino »

dmajchrzak wrote: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:10 pm Figured it out. The"change id" button was stuck in. I was able to pop it free and now all is well.
dmajchrzak thanks for posting this,i was which the same problem here, i would never have guessed that....

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”