Help setting up flysky module on 9XR pro

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
FPVChris

Help setting up flysky module on 9XR pro

Post by FPVChris »

Hey guys -

I need some help getting a fly sky AFHDS 2A module working on the 9XR PRO using the latest version of ersky9x.

The module is the FS-RM003 and I am using the x6b receiver. When I bind the receiver to my flysky fs-i6x i get full control and telemetry for RSSI and Voltage sent to the transmitter but I can't get the RSSI and voltage telemetry working on the 9XR pro.

I was able to get the module communicating with the receiver setting the protocol to PPM 8Ch default settings but polarity set to inverted. Tried defaults for telemetry but not seeing any RSSI on the radio. My assumption is that RSSI showing up on the radio should be the most basic thing to get working if i was getting any feedback from the module.

I can bind the receiver to the module and have full control of the drone so I know the RF link is good. Can anyone share what settings I need to use to get telemetry back from the fly sky TX module?

Thanks!

--Chris

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Help setting up flysky module on 9XR pro

Post by MikeB »

I haven't got one of those modules (or a telemetry receiver for it), so I don't know, exactly, what the module sends for telemetry. I do know what the data looks like as I handle AFHDS2A telemetry if you are using a Multi-protocol module.
I need to know the baud rate and polarity of any serial data sent by the module (assuming it is serial and sent on the bottom pin of the module connector).
I've found this "manual" on the module: https://fccid.io/N4ZRM00300/User-Manual ... al-3683737, but that doesn't show the module sending any telemetry data.

As a test, to see if anything is being sent, you could go to the "DEBUG" menu (UP LONG, then RIGHT several times). Look at the first number on the bottom line labelled "TelRxCount" and see if it is changing. If it is, then something is being sent on the bottom pin.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

AFAIK this module does not support telemetry at all, and the only way to get flysky telemetry with a non flysky radio is the multiprotocol module.
FPVChris

Post by FPVChris »

Hey guys -

Thanks for the quick reply. I checked the debug menu and the TelRxCount just stays at 0. Based on that and the manual I think you are right that this module is control only - that's disappointing.

If the multi-module is the best way to get flysky telemetry can someone recommend what is the best one to use right now? I see a lot of different options listed on banggood and ebay.

Thanks!

--Chris
dj2u

Post by dj2u »

Sorry to reactivate this thread

But does anyone know what MCU is in this module?
Maybe it would be possible flashing it with a modified multimodule firmware?

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”