non technical beginner

Have something to say about 9xForums? Whether it be good or bad, about our products, site or service, tell us about it here.
Soco

non technical beginner

Post by Soco »

As a keen Taranis owner and and an enthusiastic user of opentx, i am very disappointed that a request for assistance from myself has fallen on deaf ears or perhaps people consider it below them to answer what to them is probably a very simple solution.

I would have thought that it is in the interest of all concerned to assist people who are less fortunate than themselves in programming the Taranis!

It is with regret that my transmitter is no longer usable and the loss of what was an enthusiastic user.

Soco

jhsa

Re: non technical beginner

Post by jhsa »

Please point us to your problem. I do not have a Taranis and also don't use OpenTX, so I'm not much of a help. But by posting it again, other people will see it..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Daedalus66

non technical beginner

Post by Daedalus66 »

I think you've got an answer from Mike.

Next time, could you leave out the comment about people considering it beneath them to answer simple questions.

The people who try to help are volunteers.
Soco

Post by Soco »

This forum page is for feedback, which I have given.
As I no longer have a usable taranis because of the inability of the forum to cater for the uninitiated in the complexities of opentx, perhaps you would kindly remove me from your forum!!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Perhaps you are confused regarding this feedback area. It does say on the "Board Index":
"Have something to say about 9xForums? Whether it be good or bad, about our products, site or service, tell us about it here."
This is intended to mean the actual forum itself and the way it works, not the actual users of the forum.

We are all, generally, doing our best to answer questions, but we do this as part of this hobby.

I'm also lost as to why your transmitter is no longer usable. I did answer your most recent post asking a question and there did not appear to be an indication that your Tx was not useable.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Soco

Post by Soco »

I was grateful for the reply from Mike B, and have been grateful for his help in the past. However maybe our interpretation of the feedback is different. It would appear that I may have over reacted to a lack of response but having read a number of unanswered posts on the forum, there is definitely a feeling that users with a non technical mind are not catered for by some of the more able users.
As I am no longer able to use my taranis, I repeat my request to be removed from this forum and hope that this will now bring to an end an unnecessary discussion.
jhsa

Re: RE: Re: non technical beginner

Post by jhsa »

Soco wrote: I repeat my request to be removed from this forum and hope that this will now bring to an end an unnecessary discussion.
I will ask the administrator of the forum to remove you if he doesn't read this.
Meanwhile you could just stop visiting it and posting, as it seems to be your wish not to participate on the forum.
I had questions that were not answered immediately for different reasons. I just asked them again. Eventually someone will answer. Sometimes people don't see the questions. People do not live on the forum like myself ;) :)
Sometimes people are just busy with other stuff. Sometimes they are trying to solve problems that they also have with their equipment.
No one is obliged to answer a post whatsoever. If someone does, we have to be grateful that the person did spend some time of his/her life to try to help us. Sometimes answering a simple question, specially if it is an old one, means going back to post number one and read everything again from the beginning.
So, if your answer wasn't answered for some reason, as I said, just ask again, and again if necessary ;)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

As I indicated, please let us know why you are no longer able to use your Taranis.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: RE: Re: non technical beginner

Post by Rob Thomson »

Soco wrote:This forum page is for feedback, which I have given.
As I no longer have a usable taranis because of the inability of the forum to cater for the uninitiated in the complexities of opentx, perhaps you would kindly remove me from your forum!!
I can appreciate your feeling... but possibly you have expected more than you should from the users on the forum.

remember. Everyone on this forum helps for free. They give there own time to assist others.

As a result you cannot expect or demand an answer. You need to put it the leg work on your end too.

If you would like to have your account deleted. Feel free to pm me and I can delete it.

I would suggest you stick with it. All will suddenly become clear :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Some people just cannot be helped, and all too often get uppity when they don't get instant answers from a totally VOLUNTARY forum!!!

Reset the thing to the FrSky firmware and get on to FrSky about issues. Better still, go and buy a Spektrum. Then all your troubles will be over.

Oh, and close the door gently on your way out Soco, and I am wanting another Taranis if you really have given up on yours. I will pay scrap value for it.
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!
Soco

Post by Soco »

I wish to make a sincere apology to this forum for my mis-guided comments. I do understand the amount of work put in by people who volunteer to do this work on our behalf.
My comments were said in haste with no thought for the feelings of these volunteers.
As said in my previous comments, I have received assistance from people and am very grateful for that.

In reply to RCHH if he wishes to contact me, im sure we can come to an amicable agreement to resolve any issues. I have also closed the door in a very quiet manner!

Soco
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You don't have to close any door..
I bet everyone here would like to see you on this forum.. No one wants you to go.. Do you still have your radio??

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Ready to help.
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

:D Ahh much better Soco ... Open up that door again! No need to contact you as there is nothing to sort out - unless you really are disposing of your Taranis! (Hopefully not - stick with it! Awesome transmitter!). I too like all the others here, am certainly willing to help. No grudges held here, but patience is a virtue with this firmware. I too get frustrated with it at times - especially when I have been out of my minor loop here and huge advances have been made to it. It is a never-ending learning curve, but worth every minute I spend with it. You will not find a more adaptable, more powerful, and more supported firmware anywhere on the planet than the ones here. Don't go!
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!

Return to “Feedback”