Don't see EDGETX mentioned anywhere ?

Have something to say about 9xForums? Whether it be good or bad, about our products, site or service, tell us about it here.
solentlife

Don't see EDGETX mentioned anywhere ?

Post by solentlife »

Considering EDGETX is a fork off from OTX ... maybe idea to have section for it ?

solentlife

Re: Don't see EDGETX mentioned anywhere ?

Post by solentlife »

So no-one interested in it ???
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

In my eyes EDGE is the attempt of FrSky to kick out openTX. Might be wrong .......

I am personally not missing EDGE here.

br KH
solentlife

Post by solentlife »

I find that a bit difficult to accept as all the 'words' so far appear to some OTX guys have sidelined of to create EdgeTX ? They claim that all developments will be fed back into OTX ...

Even if FrSky was behind it ... then surely that would be counter-productive for them ? But if they were AND fed back into OTX - that would at least repay something to OTX who has carried FrSky for so long !
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

Sorry, mixed EDGE with ETHOS :mrgreen:

But with all the systems around FrOS, openTX, ETHOS, edgeTX and erskyTX ...

br KH

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

One dev who has been contributing to OpenTX before had a streak of availability and started submitting some stuff to OpenTX again, but as it goes with these side projects availability of other team members varies, and he got annoyed with us not necessarily being able to review the stuff before a week or 3. Review was important since he mostly cares about the newest radio platforms and breaking things on others in the process is easy. Didn't want to end up again in the situation where code is submitted, merged, then it turns out something's broken, and that dev is now unavailable so it's on us to fix that... which has happened several times.

Was decided a split was probably the better thing. He wants to work the "agile" way and that simply can't work well when it's a side project and you don't have a team committed to regular schedules. Believe he got a few youngsters to join but I haven't really followed, and they're more the type to live chat on discord than post durable information on forums.

Definitely not FrSky since their thing was slowing down of OpenTX development that they've succeeded in achieving so that they could catch up with their own thing, and this is the opposite happening to the benefit of their competitors.
Bayreuther

Post by Bayreuther »

Kilrah wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:02 am Believe he got a few youngsters to join but I haven't really followed, and they're more the type to live chat on discord than post durable information on forums.
Interesting Point of view.

What i can tell from my Outside/User perspective is, that these Jungsters are quite Talented, very communicative and also very helpfull.
Yes, Chating is not really compareable to Forum Discussions, where everything is written down for the Next Years.
BUT: The Documentation In Github is already better then on OpenTX. In a way that it allows every Newcomer to fast step into Compiling and Debugging. And you can Feel the Motivation that spread out of that more Community oriented Phylosophy.

Everyone there get Feedback in a way, that participating in the Project is cleary Welcome.
Nirvana NV14, Touchscreen Support, all long awaited Features. You are Right. It might be happening more frequently that other Things get Broken by Accident.
BUT: It is also easier to contribute in Testing Firmwares as a User. (For example, i tested the RTC Code changes on the X12S, that later found the way into OTX too )

OpenTX feels more and more stale for me and many Others (in other Words, less Experimental),
but there are also actual Job related Situations that are not to Change.

I really hope that some Day, Bertrand find some Time and OTX make more Progress again.
I like both Worlds, just to make a Statement and the Fork seems to be really the best Decission.
BTW.
I think youre also Welcome to join the Discord. :)

Return to “Feedback”