FrSky DJT with Bluetooth.

All mods related to the frsky telemetry series of the firmware
PoppyAnn

FrSky DJT with Bluetooth.

Post by PoppyAnn »

Just a quick thank you to all on forum for all the help and work people do for others.

I copied several other peoples work and fitted a bluetooth board to my FrSky DJT module and now I get all my telemetry out to my Samsung S3 vi FrSky Dashboard.
I altered the other persons idea and just fitted the bluetooth board inside the DJT module so it is nice and neat I added a couple of blobs of hot glue to fix it in position and to insulate it from the main board.

again thanks for everyones hard work.

regards Poppy Ann.
Attachments
blue tooth mod to FrSky DJT modual.jpg

mnementh

Re: FrSky DJT with Bluetooth.

Post by mnementh »

Poppy Ann -

Just so viewers are aware, as your post isn't exactly very detailed...

This mod is NOT the same as many others intended to port data inside the TX. It requires a different BT Module; specifically, one on a breakout board which is ported to RS-232 data. Search "RS-232 HC-06 Bluetooth" on eBay for a suitable board; do not get one which has no breakout board. You need the 3.3V regulator and the logic level translator that are built into it.

Done your way, it kindof disables the SERIAL OUT, making it impossible to also use the FLD-02 Data Display.

Also, IMHO, not necessarily a good idea having a 2.4GHZ RF source only mm away from the RF section of the DJT. YMMV, TIFWIW, GLWT, etc. ;)

mnem
Your Mileage May Vary.
philsson

Post by philsson »

I loved the mod and would very much like to do something similar but I realised after a while you get only frsky telemetry while what I wanted was to get mavlink telemetry from APM. Maybe one of you know if it is possible to get full mavlink telemetry (or partial) through the frsky module so as to use droidplanner on my phone. And if it is possible still get telemetry data on the on screen display of my 9X.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No, you'll need a separate, independent link for the mavlink part.
philsson

Post by philsson »

Kilrah wrote:No, you'll need a separate, independent link for the mavlink part.
Okay, too bad, then I see no point in this bluetooth bridge anymore unless I would do one inside the transmitter with the 3DR to bluetooth neatly integrated putting the extra antenna on the radio. What I was hoping for was to pull everything with the same link as I experience really poor range with the 3DR system.

abdulfpv

Post by abdulfpv »

PoppyAnn wrote: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:54 pm Just a quick thank you to all on forum for all the help and work people do for others.

I copied several other peoples work and fitted a bluetooth board to my FrSky DJT module and now I get all my telemetry out to my Samsung S3 vi FrSky Dashboard.
I altered the other persons idea and just fitted the bluetooth board inside the DJT module so it is nice and neat I added a couple of blobs of hot glue to fix it in position and to insulate it from the main board.

again thanks for everyones hard work.

regards Poppy Ann.
Hello My friend can i know the diagram pin module to that blue tooth

Cause i want solder to my module r9m to that bluetooth.

Thanks please help 🙏

Return to “FRSky Telemetry Mods”