Cannot bind after 9xtreme

Toolman45014

Cannot bind after 9xtreme

Post by Toolman45014 »

Gents,

I have a two year old Turnigy 9x transmitter with RF9X v2 module. I just installed the Smartieparts 9xtreme card and flashed with ERsky9XT firmware. I set up 5 models in eePskye and flashed to TX. When I tried to bind to the receivers I cannot connect. I use both Turnigy 9X8Cv2 and HKGT2R receivers. Both would bind easily prior to 9xtreme install.

Prior to 9 xtreme I would power on rx, then press tx module button and power on tx, holding button until rx light stopped flashing. This would take 2-3 seconds.

After 9xtreme install tried same procedure, holding button foe 20 seconds with no luck.

I have tried multiple rx's and batteries with no luck. I opened the tx and checked 9xtreme wiring against installation instructions and all is correct.

I have read the forums and have seen references to ppm mode, but cannot find this option in the new radio setup screen.

Any suggestions as to what to check would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Cannot bind after 9xtreme

Post by MikeB »

Check the MODEL SETUP | PROTOCOL menu.
You get to the MODEL SETUP menu pressing MENU LONG on the main display then select the option from the popup with the MENU button. This gives you the list of menus available. Select "Protocol", then check the EXTERNAL module is enabled and set to PPM.
If it is not enabled, then it is not powered! The 9Xtreme has a software controlled power switch for both internal and external modules.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Toolman45014

Re: Cannot bind after 9xtreme-SOLVED

Post by Toolman45014 »

Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply! I am not sure how I missed this minor detail :mrgreen: but it fixed my issue!!

I am now setting up my models hoping for some calm weather.

Thanks again.

Tim

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”