9xtrem burnt ..how? Don't know but wanna repair...please help

Abach

Re: 9xtrem burnt ..how? Don't know but wanna repair...please help

Post by Abach »

jhsa wrote:Yes they look like they are the same part.
In my opinion, You need to get that working in order to find out if there is any other damage, unless you own an oscilloscope. :)
Do you have a trainer cable ( 3.5mm jack plug to 3.5mm jack plug)? With that (instead of the oscilloscope ;) ) you could test if the radio is outputting a PPM signal to the module. It already did happen that removing/inserting the module with the radio ON, damaged the processor pin that outputs that signal. Some people were lucky though..
But another little test, when you turn the radio off, does it wait a second or two before it turns off, displaying "shutting down", or does it turn off immediately as soon as you turn the power switch off?

João
Cool!!!!order done,
I don't have oscilloscope but I do have the trainer cable and is working on the PC, so ppm signal good, right?.
An the other test , when I turn the radio off t does wait a sec or two displaying the "shutting down"
Oh! man ...this are good sign , right?

Abach

Post by Abach »

Testo wrote:Maybe my Thread can help you a little bit:
viewtopic.php?f=126&t=7829&p=105889#p105889
Hi Testo,thanks a lot ,it does help me alot,did u finally make it work again with the last issue getting signal on the receiver?? :?: :?:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Abach wrote: I don't have oscilloscope but I do have the trainer cable and is working on the PC, so ppm signal good, right?.
An the other test
Not quite, the PPM signal that goes to the trainer port comes from a different pin. I will describe a test you can do to test the module PPM pin with the trainer cable.
when I turn the radio off t does wait a sec or two displaying the "shutting down"
Oh! man ...this are good sign , right?
Yes, that is good. :)

For testing the PPM signal in the module bay:

Go to the Radio Setup/Trainer menu and Program a trainer profile with "Jack" as source, as if you were receiving PPM from a Slave (student) radio. Turn the radio OFF.
You will need to use pin 1 of the module bay, so please isolate the other pins so you do not do any short circuit while testing on Pin 1. this is important. at least isolate pins 2 and 3. a piece of thin shrink tube around each of them is ok.
If you have a servo cable, you can also connect it to pin one and bring its connection outside the radio. Like that you don't touch the other pins by mistake.

Ok, after you done that (don't skip it) you need to turn the radio ON.
Then plug the trainer cable to the trainer port.
Now touch the tip of the other jack plug to PIN 1 of the module bay.

Go to the trainer menu.
While touching the tip of the jack plug on pin one, do the numbers of at the bottom of the trainer menu change when you move the sticks??
I will post a picture or two of how I would connect the jack to pin 1.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Abach

Post by Abach »

I think that I better get another pair of hands to get that done properly, :lol: :lol:

As soon as I'm done with this ,I'll report back,thanks again
Abach

Post by Abach »

Thanks for everything, I did repair thanks to your help.
Now got 9x with the xtreme and a brand new 9xrpro on the bag... :)

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Nice :) Well done :D

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
timmybeetle

Post by timmybeetle »

Hello

I have 2 XMTR modules
I have issue 1 xmtr module not binding with RCVR.
Other binds but is not working normal, red light stays off after removing bind cable and restart XMTR and RCVR.
I opened both XMTR's and checked voltage regulator, big one, both are good.
Circuit board is behind alu cover, did not removed that at the moment.
I did test with PPM on pin 1 and trainer cable, this works.

What is issue now???

thanks for help Hans

Update 15-09-2021

After inspection of both modules I found that connector (5 pins ) from module to XMTR had several loose contacts at pins to circuit board, due to removal and installing modules in and out of XMTR.
I cleaned area around pins and re soldered them making good contact between pin and circuit board again.
Tested them both in my Flsky XMTR FS-th9x and both did bind and servo is operating again.
Happy me able to repair both modules.

Regards Hans

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”