Trim disabled

grantman69

Trim disabled

Post by grantman69 »

Anyone have any insight on how to enable a disabled trim? Updated my radio and now left horizontal trim is "off" and my right slider is also shut off.
Last edited by grantman69 on Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilrah

Re: Trim disabled

Post by Kilrah »

Image doesn't work and you don't say what firmware you're using.
grantman69

Post by grantman69 »

Sorry, not very adept at asking for help. Firmware is r.223, and the trim and slider work in the diagnostic screens.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

That "OFF" refers to the big timer at the bottom, not the trims.
grantman69

Post by grantman69 »

Ok, looked like an obvious indicator to me, color me ignorant. The fact still remains that my rudder trim and right slider are only usable during the brief period 'tween switching on and full boot. I suspect this is something I can edit in eepe, but I've never successfully connected this radio to that app - it only ever appears as a storage device, so all my updates have been done via SD.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If you have the 9Xtreme upgrade board, then you need to use eepskye (not eepe) to connect to the Tx.
Check your mixer configuration and see if the trim checkbox is not ticked in some of the mixes. If a trim is not required in any mix, then the trim switch doesn't move the display, and you may then use the trim switch for other purposes, the trim switches appear with the other switches in most settings that use a switch.
For example, with electric powered aircraft, I disable the throttle trim in the mix, and then use one of the throttle trim switches for the "instant trim" function.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
grantman69

Post by grantman69 »

Okay, I can confirm that there is nothing wrong with my radio, the problem is all mine. I haven't really touched it in the last 5 years and I've completely forgotten how to use it.
Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”