Does ELRS module work fully with 9xr pro?

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
Brochovy

Does ELRS module work fully with 9xr pro?

Post by Brochovy »

Hello all, I hope everyone is doing well. I flashed ersky9xr revision 223 to the turnigy 9xr pro, and am wondering if an ELRS module will work at its full potential and baud rate with the 9xr pro? Also, will I be able to set the rf output power? Thanks in advance.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Does ELRS module work fully with 9xr pro?

Post by MikeB »

I believe it is fully functional, however I only have a single ELRS module, and that is in "Lite" format, so I cannot test it in the 'PRO. The hardware of the 'PRO does support Crossfire and ELRS.

There is a script available for configuring the ELRS module, so all settings should be available.
My module and script work fine on transmitters with a 'Lite" module bay.

I haven't put V3 of the ELRS firmware on the module, I don't actually use ELRS, so I do rely on others to test it.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Brochovy

Post by Brochovy »

MikeB wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:17 am I believe it is fully functional, however I only have a single ELRS module, and that is in "Lite" format, so I cannot test it in the 'PRO. The hardware of the 'PRO does support Crossfire and ELRS.

There is a script available for configuring the ELRS module, so all settings should be available.
My module and script work fine on transmitters with a 'Lite" module bay.

I haven't put V3 of the ELRS firmware on the module, I don't actually use ELRS, so I do rely on others to test it.

Mike
Hello Mike, thanks a lot for the reply. Where can I find the scripts? Is it on the ELRS website or somewhere else? And by saying that the hardware of the pro does support elrs and crossfire, does it mean the module should theoretically work on full power? Sorry for all the questions, I'm quite new to all this, but I know that some transmitters does not support crossfire and elrs, and just want to make sure that I understand you correctly. Once more, thanks a lot.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Scripts are here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10668.

I assume the module will work at full power, but I cannot test it myself. The script did allow setting the power when I tried it.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Brochovy

Post by Brochovy »

MikeB wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:45 am Scripts are here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10668.

I assume the module will work at full power, but I cannot test it myself. The script did allow setting the power when I tried it.

Mike
Hello, thanks a lot for the reply, I really appreciate all the help. God bless

Brochovy

Post by Brochovy »

MikeB wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:45 am Scripts are here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10668.

Mike
Hello, sorry to bother you again. Just want to know if a crossfire module will work with the 9xr pro at full power? And if there are also any scripts I should load for the crossfire module to work? Thanks again for all the help, I truly appreciate it.
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Brochovy wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:37 pm

Mike
Hello, sorry to bother you again. Just want to know if a crossfire module will work with the 9xr pro at full power? And if there are also any scripts I should load for the crossfire module to work? Thanks again for all the help, I truly appreciate it.
It should at 400k.
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.
Sp1k3

Post by Sp1k3 »

Yep I have it up and running. Works like a charm
Sp1k3

Post by Sp1k3 »

I had to put a dc/dc converter between battery and supply for elrs fpvbeta Tx
CptanPanic

Post by CptanPanic »

Mike
I am trying to use a ELSR V3 module (ES24TX), I don't see any scripts there that address. Which should I use?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Please start by trying the ELRSv2 script. I don't use ELRS, but I understand ELRS sends required options to the script that then just displays it.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “ersky9xr”