Receiver signal critical warning on model power up

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
SkudMissile

Receiver signal critical warning on model power up

Post by SkudMissile »

I just changed from an Frsky DJT module to an XJT in my 9XR Pro to use with a selection of D8R-ii, D4R-ii & X4R receivers.
Got it all bound up to each model and working but I have a strange new voice warning on each model when I first turn them on “receiver signal critical”
Any ideas what’s going on here?
The telemetry display has changed from the old RX & TX to RX and SV (or similar?) when I changed the external mode from PPX to XJT but the RX strength is good near 99 while the other new one reads around 1.
Once running around I didn’t notice any issues or get any further warnings (I wasn’t far away anyway), only seems to happen on initial model power up.
Matt

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Receiver signal critical warning on model power up

Post by MikeB »

There is some averaging done in both the Rx and Tx for the RSSI signal. It is very likely one or both doesn't have enough time, at power up, to get a full average so gives a low reading to start with. As long as you get a good reading after that, you may safely ignore the initial warning.

The XJT module doesn't provide the signal strength for the received telemetry signal (what was the Tx= value from the DJT). Instead it provides a SWR value, which indicates possible problems with the antenna. The lower the value the better, so 1 is very good.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “ersky9xr”