Pro voice stops, screen locks, controls lock

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
Springer

Pro voice stops, screen locks, controls lock

Post by Springer »

Mike and all, I'm moving my question from the 9xrPro thread on RCG to here for better answer options.

Here's the issue. I have recently added several voice announcements for flaps to a couple of models. After that, I found that after a period of time (generally in the several minutes of on time) the voice will stop either in mid voice or by a short sound, sort of a "ch" sound. Everything still works if I move between models, and screens for another few minutes, but then In after no particular event that I can see, the screen locks up. After another several minutes of having the controls work as programmed, they seem to lock up as well. Turning TX off and back on (after a short wait) resets everything and it works normally. I am attaching the two screen pics I put on the RCG thread, and as well, the zipped eeprom as Mike requested. I got a new SD card and will be populating it to see if there is an issue with the current card. (it's as much as 10 years old, I think.)

In the eeprom file, the two planes with the latest voice changes are mustang and superTwin. Things work as I planned, but perhaps in setting them up, I did something not kosher?
Attachments
20210304_125805.jpg
screen after voice stops
(1.65 MiB) Not downloaded yet
20210304_125301.jpg
screen before voice stops
(1.6 MiB) Not downloaded yet
eeprom3-7-22.zip
(5.82 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
Screenshot_20210304-135003_Video Player.jpg
shutdown screen showing "eeprom busy" and "shutting down"
(268.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Springer

Re: Pro voice stops, screen locks, controls lock

Post by Springer »

I also discovered how to write the raw logging files, so attached are three from a session of twiddling sticks, switching the flap (3 position) switch and the throttle position switch (gear). I have no reader for them, but hope I got something.
Attachments
_SUPERTWIN-2021-03-07-234226.zip
(467 Bytes) Downloaded 229 times
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Did you update to the firmware to the latest?
Did you try to remove the voice files you added? basically go back to the voice pack you had just before this started to happen..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Springer

Post by Springer »

Hi Joao,
I think I am at latest version, what I see on the version screen is: version ersky9x-pb5r222
Date: 25.07.2018
Time: 13:22:26
Mod: revb-x

I didn't change the voice files,I have been using them for several years with no problems. HOwever, I got a new sd card and loaded it with new stuff and am about ready to put the new sd card with official V222 firmware, latest voice files, etc in the radio to see what happens. I should note that I am still using the numbered voice files from way back when as well as the new named files in the User directory. The numbered files are in the voice directory not a sub directory. Wonder if that is somehow causing a search error? Should I be going through my models and updating voices to the new file naming format?

I also spent some time tinkering again last night, after re-reading Mike's reply in the rcg radio forum about the Tmain number. It seems that once I am in a model (selected it and am "using" it even though no plane ) the Tmain number stays at about 1.6-1.8. When I select another model and immediately go to the monitoring screen (long up and right several) the Tmain number is either 16-18 or 31. Mike said that is way too high. If I press menu it drops to 1.8 and stays there as I switch flaps on or off, select/deselect throttle percent and have the timer sounding every minute. The rest of that screen seems like it is normal numbers. If I turn the radio off and back on again, it always resets to the correct numbers, and everything works even if I had a lockup before.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

It looks like I will have to remove some dust from my 9XR PRO and update it :)
It won't be today though.. :(
Need to get back to model flying again.. Been busy with other stuff.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Springer

Post by Springer »

What????? Not flying???? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!
In truth, it has been couple weeks since I have put a plane in air. Winds and cold. But tomorrow looks better!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

No, been building some audio stuff for my work ( musician). It is also fun, I love sound and lights. :)
The problem is that with the arrival of all these new radios there isn't so much DIY anymore. This is what made me enjoy the hobby even more, building my radios and receivers, and all the other electronics..
But all this got too commercial, so I kinda lost interest :(
I wish there was a new radio project, a new board for the 9x radio or something similar. :( I wish the old DIY times would come back..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Springer

Post by Springer »

This is with the original SD card, but more screen pix. bottom is The stat2 screen before flying, and after refreshing by pressing menu. middle is stat2 after flight. Top is the Stat screen after flight. I thought it might be useful to see the histogram of usage.
Attachments
3-9 stat flight end.jpg
(745.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet
3-9 stat2 flight end.jpg
(539.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
3-9 stat2 flight start after menu.jpg
(600.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “ersky9xr”