9Xr-Pro navigation and other questions

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
BiggsDarklighter

9Xr-Pro navigation and other questions

Post by BiggsDarklighter »

I stole parts of this from an older thread and as I am now a bit more focused in what I am doing, and the things I need to ask.

I have a build thread over here with a couple more pictures of this project. This is where I am now.

I had ersky9x-r218 v.3527-Mike loaded up. Going through the menus for a couple hours, I discovered I can navigate somewhat with the stick, or a pot, to buttons or all the above. "Had" because the original was fried, and I am getting ready to load the latest up in the replacement donor radio.

So does the encoder/pushbutton option give me FULL navigation without needing the original menu, exit, and 4 nav buttons? I will be leaving the original nav switches on the mainboard, but it won't be easily accessible.

Another thing I am after, I want to do away with, or ignore the trim switches. The Futaba has nice ratchety trims. I am using this for sailing, so those work much better anyways. These trims are all on pots, and separate from the gimbals. This might be more of a hardware question, but I think implementing it starts in the software side of things.

I won't be completely eliminating the trim switch boards. With some effort. I can fit them in place of the Futaba ratchets. Or relocate the trims somewhere else, possibly even off board them with a plug in deal.

The 9XR-P has an expansion plug and an i2c port. If need be is there support to use either of these to drive the main display, or even batter a second display for different info from the main one?

BiggsDarklighter

Re: 9Xr-Pro navigation and other questions

Post by BiggsDarklighter »

Okay so with some tweaks, the encoder does 98% of what the nav buttons do. MikeB made a couple changes to the firmware. AUPER HAPPY!

Too many functions on this utilize the trims. I will do away with the Futaba ratchet trims. Still leaves me with two sliders and a pot. So the 3 the 9XR comes with.

Haven’t figured out the i2c display part though.

Return to “ersky9xr”