Several problems with 9XR Pro

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
Neptune769

Post by Neptune769 »

Hello Everyone,

I have a 9XR Pro that has several problems. First I can't find the SD card. :oops: So I don't know what files belong on it or the file structure. Second, When I go into Boot Loader mode with the SD card in place it says "No Firmware" until I plug in the USB cable then is says "Connecting" and stays on that I also hear the USB sound on the pc. Third when in Boot Loader mode without the SD card the display only shows "Boot Loader V1.0". Once I connect the USB cable I hear it on the pc. I can't connect to eepskye. The 9XR Pro looks like an external hard drive. I can open the two files (ERSKY.BIN and FIRMWARE.BIN) on the TX with eepskye and even CompanionX9. And last I have no voices anymore since the card is missing. I tried to put the voice files back on the card. Obviously not the right way. So HEEEELLLLPPP!!!! Any help would be greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis L

CatRovacer

Re: Several problems with 9XR Pro

Post by CatRovacer »

The main f**ng problem with my 9XRpro is hanging when turned on. At the same time, the screen is filled with a gray. After juggling is turned on. I read about what is possible due to the fact that the processor does not find the SD card. So I did not find out this problem with another card.

Dennis, also i not understand your words: " First I can't find the SD card" :roll:
If you can't find where it is inserted into the 9XRpro? At the bottom there is a rubber cap, under it there is a slot with SD and other connectors.
There's a little button there. !Do not press it! The program memory is erased. You will study and write for a long time. :mrgreen: :oops:
Other your troubles i will check at evening.
Which firmware version?
good food & warm summer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Neptune769 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:13 am
I have a 9XR Pro that has several problems. First I can't find the SD card.
Can't find the card itself, or do you have one installed but the radio doesn't read it?

First of all. Get this application and install it on your windows computer.

https://sd-card-formatter.en.uptodown.com/windows

This is a tool to format your SD Card. Your card should be bigger than 4Gb. Do not use windows to format your card. Format it with the SD Formatter application.
When I go into Boot Loader mode with the SD card in place it says "No Firmware" until I plug in the USB cable then is says "Connecting" and stays on that I also hear the USB sound on the pc.
It says "No Firmware" because you don't have a folder caller "firmware" on your SD Card, and/or no Ersky9x firmware files inside the firmware folder.
Please go to www.er9x.com and download the latest ersky9x (Revision 221) firmware for the 9XR-PRO. save it to your hard drive.
Then connect the radio to the PC in bootloader mode. 2 drives will appear. The radio will say "Connecting" all the time. THIS IS NORMAL.
Ignore the drive with the copy of the firmware and of the eeprom(ERSKY.BIN and FIRMWARE.BIN). You want the SD Card drive.
Create a folder called "firmware" on the SD card, and then place the "ersky9xr.bin" file you've just downloaded, inside that firmware folder.
Now safely eject the drives from windows and disconnect the radio from the PC.
Now you should see the new firmware file you have just copied to the radio (SD Card) on the radio's screen. select it and press MENU LONG to install the latest firmware. follow the instructions. when the progress bar is finished (firmware installed) just press EXIT a couple times and the radio should reboot with the new firmware you've installed.
The "No Firmware" message means that you don't have any firmware files on your card, that's all :) You can store different versions of the firmware on the SD Card, and install a previous version if you find a big problem with the latest. You can even do it while at the field.

Next step, update the bootloader.
Please turn the radio ON while Holding both horizontal trims AWAY from each other (towards the sides of the radio).
You will see the maintenance screen. Select "Update Bootloader".
Select the Ersky9x firmware file you have copied to the SD Card. press MENU LONG and wait until the bootloader finished installing.
Press EXIT a couple times and the radio will reboot. You can enter bootloader mode to make sure the bootloader updated to the newest version (2.6 I think).
So I don't know what files belong on it or the file structure.
Go here
http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7715

and download the file called "Voice Pack for Ersky9x r218 and above_v1.0.zip"
Extract the zip file to the root directory of your SD card. you should now see a "Voice" folder with 3 other folders inside. "system, user and modelNames"
when in Boot Loader mode without the SD card the display only shows "Boot Loader V1.0". Once I connect the USB cable I hear it on the pc.
Normal..
I can't connect to eepskye.
Please go to www.er9x.com and download the latest version of eepe and eepskye for windows. Install it.

Make sure the radio is in bootloader mode and connected to the computer.
Start eepskye (not eepe).
Go to the "Burn" menu and click on "Read Memory From Tx". This should download your models and configurations onto eepskye. Did it work?

If not, then go to "Burn/Configure" and make sure the "Use SAM-BA" box is NOT ticked. Try again.

The 9XR Pro looks like an external hard drive. I can open the two files (ERSKY.BIN and FIRMWARE.BIN) on the TX with eepskye and even CompanionX9.
Never, ever use companion to manage ersky9x files and radios. Use Eepskye ONLY. they are not compatible and you can mess your radio completely.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Neptune769

Post by Neptune769 »

Sorry for the misunderstanding about the memory card. I don't have the memory card that came with the TX any more. I must have taken it out or something and misplaced it. So I got another larger SD card I already had. Thanks for the reply
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Joao
Did you mean “Your card should NOT be bigger than 4GB”?
Even a 256MB card is big enough for the basic content.
I generally use some 2GB cards that I bought about four years ago — it’s very hard to find anything under 16GB these days.
N

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Daedalus66 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:50 pm Joao
I generally use some 2GB cards that I bought about four years ago — it’s very hard to find anything under 16GB these days.
N
Negative :) I meant IT SHOULD be bigger or equal to 4Gb. The reason is ersky9x needs a 32kb cluster size, so, old cards with less capacity might not work well and introduce problems on the voice and music playing, because they have a smaller cluster size.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Neptune769

Post by Neptune769 »

Thanks for all the help. I got it all working again. I really appreciate the time you spent helping me. Happy Flying!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Nice, well done ;)

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

jhsa wrote:
Daedalus66 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:50 pm Joao
N
Negative [emoji3] I meant IT SHOULD be bigger or equal to 4Gb. The reason is ersky9x needs a 32kb cluster size, so, old cards with less capacity might not work well and introduce problems on the voice and music playing, because they have a smaller cluster size.

João
Interesting. The whole question of SD card specifications gets complicated. Spektrum say the card should not be higher than class 6. Nowadays it’s almost impossible to buy anything lower than class 10.
My usual cards for ErSky9x transmitters are 2GB class 4, though I also use up to 16GB class 10 on occasion. I always format with SD Formatter and I’ve never had any problems.
I should add that I use voice but not music.
Neptune769

Post by Neptune769 »

Just an FYI. I'm using a Samsung Evo... wait.... (time to pull out my 10x magnifier to see) 16GB UHS-I Grade1, Class 10. Just something I had laying around. Seems to be working fine.

Thanks,
Dennis L.
utahpilot

Post by utahpilot »

I don't post often, don't need to as all I ever needed to know was available on this forum, but this four year old thread answered ALL my exact questions I was having tonight as i was updating my Pro in preparation for an irange multi module. I like my Pro, I've been using it for years without a single update, silly me...worked just fine. Maybe I'll try some telemetry so I can have something to look at on my screen just before I crash... :D Thanks, boys.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Looking at the screen while flying is not a good idea, obviously :) But set some alarms and listen to your telemetry instead. Like this you can keep your eyes on the model you're flying ;)
With ErskyTx you can also listen to your favorite music album while you fly ;) I do it all the time :P

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:

Return to “ersky9xr”