orange 433 1w Overvoltage

OpenLRSng runs on a number of different platforms. Find out more / post your questions here.

Moderator: kha

davidluab

orange 433 1w Overvoltage

Post by davidluab »

I had a problem with my station Turnigy pro 9XR to stop working, and broke my orange 433 1w

9xr pro NEW It does not turn on

I check the orange tx 433

I understand have damage from overvoltage, i think these module only work with 5V, is correct? and when measured the turnigy 9x gives the same voltage as the battery +-12v

The "voltage section" in orange 433 is ok the atmel 328 have 3.3v, the atmel is very very hot, i can not program bootloader

I think the ATmega328 is damaged what do you think?

i check anything???

Kilrah

Re: orange 433 1w Overvoltage

Post by Kilrah »

davidluab wrote:i think these module only work with 5V, is correct?
No, it will take anything up to at least 12V on the module connector and regulate that to 3.3V, no risk there.

BUT have you ever tried to connect the Orange module to the computer to program it? Because as stated when doing that (and basically connecting anything to any of the module's pin headers) you must make 100% sure you use the correct adapters (3.3V logic levels, no power supply or 3.3V if any) while most use 5V logic and provide 5V supply. An incorrect or improperly wired serial adapter or AVR programmer definitely fries the module.
Also never apply power without an antenna connected, which you seem to be doing on your photos.
davidluab

Re: orange 433 1w Overvoltage

Post by davidluab »

Kilrah wrote:
davidluab wrote:i think these module only work with 5V, is correct?
No, it will take anything up to at least 12V on the module connector and regulate that to 3.3V, no risk there.

BUT have you ever tried to connect the Orange module to the computer to program it? Because as stated when doing that (and basically connecting anything to any of the module's pin headers) you must make 100% sure you use the correct adapters (3.3V logic levels, no power supply or 3.3V if any) while most use 5V logic and provide 5V supply. An incorrect or improperly wired serial adapter or AVR programmer definitely fries the module.
Also never apply power without an antenna connected, which you seem to be doing on your photos.

I set the module on several occasions, and worked well with my old radio

i try with changue the atmega chip

Return to “OpenLRSng hardware”