Flysky Telemtry

Everything about the smartie programmer and backlight kit!
Flybob4

Flysky Telemtry

Post by Flybob4 »

I have a Flysky FS-TH9X Radio and want to know if I use a smartieparts telemetry upgrade will it work with a Flysky telemetry receiver or do I need a Frsky module and reciever to get telemetry? Had anyone tried it?

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Flysky Telemtry

Post by MikeB »

What Smartieparts telemetry upgrade are you referring to?
In general, your main problem with the Flysky telemetry is obtaining a Tx module that supports it. The only one I know of is the DIY Multi module.
A Frsky Tx module and receiver will get you working telemetry, although the standard 9X needs some hardware mods and also needs to be flashed with an open source firmware.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
s_mack

Post by s_mack »

He's got the TelemetrEZ. I sent him here because I wasn't sure if it worked with FlySky telemetry. I wasn't aware they only had rx and no tx to go with it!
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Flybob4, you may want to look at purchasing the FrSky XJT module and use FrSky receivers with FrSky telemetry sensors.

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
Flybob4

Post by Flybob4 »

Thanks, I have looked at the FrSky modules and recievers, my radio currently has an early progamming card and I am running er9x. I have the original flysky module and thought maybe the flysky telemetry receivers would bind with it and the TelemetrEZ board would also talk to it. I also have a spectrum DM-9 module and use it for my bind'n'fly models. I just wanted to avoid. Another module to deal with. So does anyone know for sure it won't work without assuming, guessing or speculating? I just ordered the Extreme board to add more memory to my 9x so I have a never used TelemetrEZ and newer programming board set if anyone is interested. I will also have a used older board too. Offers?

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

As mentioned the stock FlySky module that comes with the 9X does not support telemetry. There is an option to get FlySky telemetry and that is the multimodule. It can also replace both your FlySky and DSM modules.
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Flybob4, here is some INFO about 9Xtreme board: (viewtopic.php?f=95&t=7182).
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The 9Xtreme fits on top of the original board and uses the original board to drive the display and buttons.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Flybob4

Post by Flybob4 »

Kilrah
Thanks for pointing out that the multi module can replace both of my existing modules and do telemetry. I will look into that option. I had never heard of it. I was under the assumption that it was the radio hardware doing the telemetry not a function of the transmitter module. It makes perfect sense now that I think about it that the module must be able to both transmit and receive. At least with the DIY multi module I wont have to replace the 7 recievers I already have in use unless I want to add telemetry all at once. This way I can do it over time.
For the rest of you, I know about the products and how they install. I just wasn't sure if the flysky module could do telemetry. Thanks for all the help.

Return to “SMARTIEPARTS PROGRAMMER”