A big thank you to Steven @ SmartieParts

Everything about the smartie programmer and backlight kit!
hart

A big thank you to Steven @ SmartieParts

Post by hart »

After a very speedy delivery (all things considered), my SmartieParts board arrived today and I set out to get it installed so I could get er9x loaded onto my new radio, also recently arrived from Hong Kong (in a similarly rapid manner - I've had a lucky week so far).

I followed the well written instructions on the site (or so I thought), only pausing to let the magic smoke out of my blue backlight (a lack of sleep makes you do stupid things)... but I ran into problems getting the board to communicate with my PC... After much angst, hair pulling (as Steven can attest, I don't have much hair to start with) and swearing out loud - I got some helpful hints from the folks in the multiwii IRC channel (I was desperate) but still had no luck - and then I thought to reach out to Steven.

It turns out I missed (didn't read) the part on instructions page which says "Starting with Rev 2.2, the power system for the programmer is independent of the power for the radio and backlight. The programmer gets its power from the USB, while the radio (and backlight) gets its power from the battery. Therefore, it is now necessary to have your radio powered on via battery during programming and transfer operations." So in hindsight, it was no surprise that my attempts to communicate with my 9x were as frustrating as they were :lol:

Steven solved the problem almost instantly after I explained the symptoms to him - and I am now hapilly running er9x! Talk about after sales service :D

So this is my way of saying a big thank you to Steven @ SmartieParts - great product, does what it says on the tin (when you read the label properly) and he is happy to back it up in times of need!

Cheers

Leigh

Redbrickman

Re: A big thank you to Steven @ SmartieParts

Post by Redbrickman »

Yeah his support is second to none, a model for the way other business should be run, which sadly in this day and age is often not the case ;)
Maintain thine airspeed.
Lest the ground arise and smite thee!
lancaster

Re: A big thank you to Steven @ SmartieParts

Post by lancaster »

Redbrickman wrote:Yeah his support is second to none, a model for the way other business should be run, which sadly in this day and age is often not the case ;)
Hi Guys

I support this sentiment

I received impressive support from Steven until my problem was solved

I can thoroughly recommend the product and the unique service available

where would we be without this brilliant idea and initiative

Hans

Return to “SMARTIEPARTS PROGRAMMER”