Closing down SmartieParts. Get em while you can.

Everything about the smartie programmer and backlight kit!
s_mack

Closing down SmartieParts. Get em while you can.

Post by s_mack »

Hi folks,

I started SmartieParts.com back in 2005, importing German smart car parts for the North American market. 2008 I developed my own electronic car parts for that car. 2010 I got into RC and started making the various programmers, etc for the 9X. 2015 brought about the 9Xtreme and SPBasic boards.

2018 my house burned in a fire, and things have gone a bit downhill from there. I had to get a regular job (*yawn*), but I still had a couple hundred SP Basic programmers in a Chinese warehouse so I continued to sell them.

Now that Chinese warehouse wants to start charging me a monthly fee that I didn't have before, and I don't think it will be worth it for me to continue doing this. I'm only selling a handful of these a week as the demand for the 9X itself has dropped.

I suppose I'm giving notice. If you want a programmer, or know someone that likely wants one, then I'd order it pretty soon.

This is the only place I'm posting this. If you feel there's somewhere else that could benefit from having this posted, by all means please feel free to copy/paste.

Thank you everyone for your support over the years. I really value that and the experience it brought me. Time to move on though.

- Steven

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Closing down SmartieParts. Get em while you can.

Post by MikeB »

I've posted a link to his post on the RCG 9X thread, there are some replies over there.

MIke
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thanks for all Steven. I wish all the luck. Hopefully we will see you again soon with some other cool projects.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
s_mack

Post by s_mack »

Thanks guys!

Return to “SMARTIEPARTS PROGRAMMER”