Trying to use Anylink2 with Turnigy9XRpro

salford524

Post by salford524 »

This is my first time posting so please forgive me if I am not following any protocols properly. I went out and purchased an Apprentice S 15e BNF. I have the Turnigy 9XR PRO using the Fr Sky DJT module. I thought I could just bind the plane to my TX and head outside and have a blast. LOL what a fool I am. Binding is not happening so I thought I would pick up the Anylink2 adapter and then head outside and have a blast. LOL fool LOL. I know my skills are not the best but I have to wonder if I am trying to do the impossible. I would welcome any help that is offered. Is there a way to bind with the Anylink2 or do I need to put a different receiver in the plane? I wanted to use the SAFE technology to help me learn to stay in the air and out of the garage repairing things.

Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

You have equipment using three different and incompatible protocols. They will only bind with similar types of equipment.

The Apprentice uses Spektrum DSMX technology and works with either a Spektrum transmitter or the 9XR Pro with suitable module (e.g. OrangeRx from HobbyKing). The FrSky module works only with FrSky receivers, which are excellent but do not provide SAFE stabilization like the Apprentice receiver (the exception is the S6R, but programming it is not for beginners). The AnyLink module works only with Tactic receivers.

Recommendation: order the following Orange module from HobbyKing:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx-ds ... -v1-2.html
Last edited by Daedalus66 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Trying to use Anylink2 with Turnigy9XRpro

Post by MikeB »

FrSky do now produce the S6R receiver that provides stabilisation, although this requires a XJT Tx module.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Daedalus66

Re: Trying to use Anylink2 with Turnigy9XRpro

Post by Daedalus66 »

You're correct, of course, and I have amended the post. But the S6R is not likely to be relevant in this case. He's looking for a simple way to fly the Apprentice, which uses a DSMX stabilized receiver, with the 9XR Pro.

By the way, one seemingly obvious answer, to install the Spektrum DM9 module, does not work with the Eflite EFLR310013 receiver used in the Apprentice. Spektrum at one time promised a compatible version of the receiver but apparently decided that the problem didn't affect enough people to need a solution (they were probably right).

Return to “er9x model setup”