expo menu issue maybe?

JBohrer88

expo menu issue maybe?

Post by JBohrer88 »

Hello everyone, I'm new to er9x and RC flying in general so sorry if my question is common knowledge but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere after hours of searching. Love this firmware over the stock, I have a Turnigy 9x btw.

Anyway, I'm flying quads and want to change the expo rates on the throttle. When I go into the expo menu and scroll down to the expo value and weight I can only select the left value. If I push the right direction button it just changes the value on the left. There seems to be no way for me to get to and change the value on the right. All the other er9x expo menus I've seen are a matrix type menu, but mine has the expo curve on the right side of the screen. I'm using the most up do date version as I just flashed it the other day. Anyone else run into this?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I also had a small issue programming it, in the configuration in eepe I had to change M64 to M128. Did they change the MC that they put in the radio??? I've seen another person with that problem and it looked like it went unsolved. I would post my fix but I'm not sure I did the right thing anymore since this isn't working and the "Quiet" option doesn't seem to be working either.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: expo menu issue maybe?

Post by MikeB »

Two things:
1. Move the throttle stick. When near the centre, both values change, when down the left value changes, when up the rightvalue changes.
2. There is an option in the General menu ofr the model of T-Expo-DR. If you set this on, then the throttle expo operates over the entire range rather than the two halves separately. Set the option then go to the EXPO/DR menu and the graph will show what I mean.

Yes, they have changed to using the M128 rather than the M64. If you have a M128, then you might flash er9x-128.hex. This has some extras as the extra flash memory allows more to fit in.
What do you expect the 'Quiet' option to do?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
JBohrer88

Re: expo menu issue maybe?

Post by JBohrer88 »

THANK YOU!!! That was it. I think I'll leave T-EXPO-DR off since I don't hover right at %50 throttle. I was hoping for "Quiet" to just stop all the beeping so I don't annoy my wife in the next room lol. But I've found that the "NoKey" setting does what I need while still allowing for the alarm beeper.

This firmware is awesome, thank you so much. I'll try the 128 version next.

EDIT: spoke too soon, I see what TR-EXPO-DR does now. I'll still leave it off but very handy. I can just set my hover to mid stick using curves and then use expo for what it is.

Return to “er9x model setup”