Rudder to Aileron Mix

Cburg

Rudder to Aileron Mix

Post by Cburg »

Hi Group!
I am having trouble programming a rudder to aileron mix. I would like to have an off switch, with, maybe 30% mixing of rudder to the aileron channel. Could someone list the steps?
Thanks!
Mike
;)

Daedalus66

Rudder to Aileron Mix

Post by Daedalus66 »

Are you sure you don't mean aileron to rudder mix? That is, when you use the aileron stick to initiate a turn, you also get some rudder to coordinate the turn and overcome adverse aileron drag. By the way, for this purpose, 30% would likely be far too much.

If that's what you intended, and you want to use, say, the RUD switch, simply add a mix to the rudder channel, following the basic one, so it looks like this:
CH4 100% Rud
+ 10% Ail RUD

This means when you move the aileron stick 100% to the right, you will get full right aileron and 10% rudder.

In other words, in the Mix menu, position the cursor on channel 4 and select Insert. In the Edit Mix menu set Source to Ail and weight to 10%. Set Trim to OFF. Set Switch to RUD.

Exit out of there and take a look at how it works in the graphic output screen.
Cburg

Re: Rudder to Aileron Mix

Post by Cburg »

Awesome! I think I understand that. Will give it a try!
Best,
Mike
Daedalus66

Rudder to Aileron Mix

Post by Daedalus66 »

The really critical part of programming with an open system like Er9x is the first part: defining really clearly exactly what you want to do. Get this right and you're more than halfway there. Get it wrong and you're guaranteed failure. In this case it might go something like this:
I have a model that needs a consistent, small amount of rudder to be applied along with aileron when I make a turn, because the aileron going down creates more drag than the one going up (called adverse aileron drag). I've tried adding aileron differential but it's not effective with this particular model (or it isn't practical to use aileron differential).

So what I want to happen is that when I apply aileron stick to initiate a turn, the rudder will move in the same direction, but only by a small amount.

When I look at the Mixer page, aileron is channel 2 and rudder is channel 4. What I want then is for movement of the aileron stick to feed into channel 4. So I need an aileron stick mix on channel 4 to add to the rudder stick mix that's already there. Let's try 10% weight and use the RUD switch to turn the mix on and off. We don't want aileron trim to affect rudder.

At that point you have everything you need to go in and define a mix. You might have questions about the details of that process but they are easy to deal with.

Of course, your situation might be different. But you need to go through the same sort of process.

Good luck. Come back for help as required.
Last edited by Daedalus66 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Brilliant as always.. ;)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

herrygallery

Post by herrygallery »

I know this is an old threat, but I login just to say thanks. I m new to FPV drone quad, i m buying this for my kids. Using Jumper T-Lite, I can now combine aileron-rudder / roll-yaw into Ail stick, 30% just for testing out. I can see the output in the screen. Many thanks for this. Off course, my kids in time will go to acro mode

Return to “er9x model setup”